Tool Review

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I wanted to take the time and tell you about a Harbor Freight sandblaster I bought. I picked this baby up on ebay for $30+ shipping. I was very surprised at its performance for the price. I used it to clean my engine bay.

http://www.harborfreight.com/garage-shop/blaster-accys/portable-abrasive-blaster-kit-37025.html

Pro's

Price $30 and it works awesome
Easy to use
simple design
worked very well
Nothing really to go wrong except a tip down the road

Con's

Hose needs to be longer its only 15'

I had one problem when I tried to reuse the sand and didnt filter it good enough it didnt like the big chunks. But once I filtered the sand and hooked it back up it worked awesome.

Price is right, looks like it works good! good buy! Toolmanmike

How long did it take you to do the engine compartment and what media did you use?
Thanks,
Frank

What did you use to filter(recycle) the sand?? I hate having to dump mine out!

I used a 5 gallon bucket a peice of screen like in a window and a bungie strap. Dumped the dirty sand though and the screen filtered out the big stuff. I ran it thought like that twice then went back to blasting.

I received a sale catalog from Harbor Freight the other day & this blaster is on sale for $19.99. I think the price should be good until the first of December.

You have to go to their web site & click on the "Order From Our Catalog" tab.

Enter the catalog Keycode DN8194

For the item number use 37025-1DNH

This should add the item to your cart at the sale price.

The image isn't showing up in the original post (at least for me anyway) & I thought it might have been lost in the during the recent server problems so I thought I'd load up a new one.

Attachments

• Harbor Freight Portable Blaster.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 95
-
Back