Top frame paint color?

-
My car is a Factory Blue top and the Frame is dark blue to match on my 66 Valiant. It is a power top as they all were on a 66 Valiant.

To my knowledge in 1966 they only came as a power top, there were no manual tops on a 1966 Valiant Signet Convertible. Just for 1966 not 63-65.
Here is the Factory lit showing the power top was standard on the 66 Valiant Signet Convertible
66_Valiant_0016.jpg
66_Valiant_0019.jpg

Can you send me pictures of manufacturer and the date code?
#65dartcharger
Here are interior pictures of 1964 Valiant white top on white frame. The interior of the top is black.
Also pictures of boot showing date and manufacturer name. Notice large VAL stamp.
Hopefully I will get top stamp picture tomorrow.

20200821_164412.jpg

20200821_164631.jpg

#65dartcharger
Here are interior pictures of 1964 Valiant white top on white frame. The interior of the top is black.
Also pictures of boot showing date and manufacturer name. Notice large VAL stamp.
Hopefully I will get top stamp picture tomorrow.

View attachment 1715583648

View attachment 1715583650
Thank you. That is so awesome. The reason is that I collect information on how these cars were made back in the days! Not many cars have a top like yours.
If you look on the first picture you will see that your car still has the white plastic moulding on top of the front bow. I have just finished a restoration on a friends 65 Dart 270 top and mecanism. That car had the same white moulding in place too.

I have never seen a black moulding on a A-body car with black top mecanism. Strange! Hopefully someone can chime in with input or information.

Ulf. I looked for the stamp on the top but wasn't able to locate it. I'm 80% sure I've seen it but for some reason I can't find it now.

My 64 Val is pretty original as it was stored away in 1981. If you need more pictures of anything just ask.

I know sbout your passion for these cars so I'll post it if I find it.
Hope you are well. I talked to you at the Mopar Nats judging tent when you had your Dart Charger there.

Ulf. I looked for the stamp on the top but wasn't able to locate it. I'm 80% sure I've seen it but for some reason I can't find it now.

My 64 Val is pretty original as it was stored away in 1981. If you need more pictures of anything just ask.

I know sbout your passion for these cars so I'll post it if I find it.
Hope you are well. I talked to you at the Mopar Nats judging tent when you had your Dart Charger there.
Yes I remember! Great meeting you! Nice to get a face to the writing om FABO!

I have a black frame top with that channel molding on the header. When I get a chance, I'll post a photo. The top assembly is off the car and in storage during a renovation right now.

I have a black frame top with that channel molding on the header. When I get a chance, I'll post a photo. The top assembly is off the car and in storage during a renovation right now.
Cool! Never seen rhat thing in black!

1963 Dart 270. White Top, Black Frame, Black plastic molding on front bow, Inside liner is also black. To the best of my knowledge, the top is original.

Power or manual top?

Here's my top with a black strip. White outer top material with black inside color. Black frame. It's a bit hard to see it in the first photo, so, I pulled it away from the header a bit in the second.

toptrim.jpg

toptrim2.jpg

Here's my top with a black strip. White outer top material with black inside color. Black frame. It's a bit hard to see it in the first photo, so, I pulled it away from the header a bit in the second.

View attachment 1715585774

View attachment 1715585775
Thanks! Does it looks like the top mecanism was painted black from factory? If it was a white top from start did tjey change the color?
Or have some previous owner change the top? Usually you can see it on the top frame on the pads or on the sides close to the quarter panel?

Top looks all original, but, I just bought it a few months ago, so, no way to know for sure. Don't see any white paint anywhere on the frame, so, I'm assuming it was always black.

-
Back