Torque spec for 727 deep pan filter/extension screws?

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
Anyone know the torque spec for the 3 filter screws on a 727 w deep pan extension. Not finding it in any of my manuals. Historically I've just snugged them up by hand, by trying to do it "by the book" this time to ensure a good seal with the valve body. Thanks as always!

Pat

Hey Folks,
Anyone know the torque spec for the 3 filter screws on a 727 w deep pan extension. Not finding it in any of my manuals. Historically I've just snugged them up by hand, by trying to do it "by the book" this time to ensure a good seal with the valve body. Thanks as always!

Pat
I've never seen a torque spec for the filter either, but being they are small bolts and fine thread going into soft aluminum I'd just tighten them as usual. I snug them until the filter mounting rings start to compress, using a short wrench and go by feel.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, and further detailing here, (you certainly can do it some other way just don’t strip the threads whatever method) but I do it by feel, alternating and watch as the filter media starts to draw down as i tighten, then feel the rings start to compress, snug them down with a short wrench. No worry about not tight enough or too tight.

I torque the valve body screws to 36 inch/lb, filter screws with extension to 25 inch/lb, and the valve body to case bolts 90 inch/lb.

-
Back