Torsion bar retainer issues

-

Shmaako

Reaction score
After reading a lot of 'how to install the torsion bar' articles, I followed them to a tee when tackling installing my new 1.03 bars from PST.
I read that I should lower everything, remove bumpers, shocks, strut bars etc...which I did. I removed the adjuster bolts completely but found I actually need to reinstall and tighten a touch to align my hex socket in order to slide in the torsion bars. Is that normal? Also had to hammer them in a bit..wasn't the easy slide in many spoke about. And now, the retainer springs do not fit as the bars wont even hammer in anymore....any advice?

20200711_232829.jpg

Try tapping on the lower control arm to see if it will go forward that little bit more you need.

I will get a bigger hammer lol
Also, I have not yet torqued the LCAs into the k member cuz I read that the ride height must be set first...
That would pull them forward a touch as well I guess

I will get a bigger hammer lol
Also, I have not yet torqued the LCAs into the k member cuz I read that the ride height must be set first...
That would pull them forward a touch as well I guess
you could put the weight on the car and set the ride height, tighten the lower pivot, then lift it and unload the adjuster to see if you can slide the bar in further

-
Back