Toyota R154 5 speed?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Just wandered across one for sale on CL. Says they fit an AX-15 bell. Anybody have experience with these? Price? Availability? Ratios desireability?

Supra Turbo trans, cant be that bad....
Ratios:

• First Gear: 3.251:1
  • Second Gear: 1.955:1
  • Third Gear: 1.310:1
  • Fourth Gear: 1.00:1
  • Fifth Gear: 0.753:1

It’s a very good transmission, and there are lots of aftermarket upgrades for them. They can be mounted to a SBM using a Dakota bell housing from the right year range.

The only issue is that you’re on your own for crossmember fabrication and there’s the hydraulic throw out conversion. Tunnel mods are also required, probably less substantial than what’s needed for a T56 but they are significant.

And they can be expensive, the Supra crowd pays a bunch for them.

@Buschi340 put one behind a 340 and then a 6.1 in his Dart

Yeh I thought after i posted this, LOL "tunnel mods"

Yeah buschi340 said he had to open the tunnel from the firewall back to the seats.

Hey, that’s my ad!! :lol:

Still have the crossmember I built for it, too. But sold the Dakota bell and AX15 bearing retainer last summer.

Hey, that’s my ad!! :lol:

Still have the crossmember I built for it, too. But sold the Dakota bell and AX15 bearing retainer last summer.

Well I may be in touch. A bit ambitious at this point, and "I'm old" but I just can't bring myself to get ready to die!!!

Well I may be in touch. A bit ambitious at this point, and "I'm old" but I just can't bring myself to get ready to die!!!
Great statement fits me to a tee at the very least need to keep my mind occupied

-
Back