tranny seal 833

-

amoduster

Reaction score
i just did the clutch in my 72 duster last week , i was in under it today andi see oil in the inspection cover cleaned it up went for a ride for a few hours ,came back and checked it and there was some more oil in there. it looks like the front seal in the tranny ,though i changed that to at the time i did the chutch ,note i did not change the piolet bushing ,could the input shaft be moving up and down casing it not to seal any one have this happen to them thanks

There would be 2 places that it could be leaking from, bearing retainer gasket and input shaft seal. mine was leaking at the retainer gasket, running down the front of the trans and the inside of the bell housing. When I pulled it apart, the gasket wasn't as wide as the retainer, must not have checked when I installed it. I cut a new gasket and used just a tad of sealant and it hasn't leaked since....the slant that it's bolted to is a whole other story :lol:

well i took it apart the other night ,i guess when i took it apart and took the seal out it was in the wrong way so i put it back in the same way it can out ,well now it is mint , taking it to car craft this weekend , she,s a 500 mile run hope it is good

-
Back