Transfer adjustment screw

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I didn't want to highjack the thread on this topic. I may not be looking at the right areas but when I try to look up how to adjust the transfer screw on a edelbrock carburetor all I get is information about the idle adjustment. I even tried to get photos of the bottom of a edelbrock carburetor but it doesn't say anything about this. Would someone post a picture of the Transfer slot adjustment on a edelbrock carburetor. Thanks

I didn't want to highjack the thread on this topic. I may not be looking at the right areas but when I try to look up how to adjust the transfer screw on a edelbrock carburetor all I get is information about the idle adjustment. I even tried to get photos of the bottom of a edelbrock carburetor but it doesn't say anything about this. Would someone post a picture of the Transfer slot adjustment on a edelbrock carburetor. Thanks
Did you use search for "transfer slot". THere have been many discussions here about it. @AJ/FormS knows what's going on with it. There is no "screw" or "adjustment" it is more of a modification.

Did you use search for "transfer slot". THere have been many discussions here about it. @AJ/FormS knows what's going on with it. There is no "screw" or "adjustment" it is more of a modification.
Thanks. I found a video on it on YouTube, it's called transfer slot and I'm going to watch it.

Anyhow you asking this question tells me you haven’t held a carburetor in recent history. If you’re really this curious you could get a car and start learning for real.

Anyhow you asking this question tells me you haven’t held a carburetor in recent history. If you’re really this curious you could get a car and start learning for real.
It's been a while since I've had a carburetor. When I did I didn't know anything about transfer slot, all I was exposed to was idle, a/f ratio and float bowl adjustment. The so called car guys that I knew back then never mentioned it either. This and other things is probably why a guy in high school had a mean running 350 Pontiac. I understand what you're saying about the car issue as well. I'm just trying to learn didn't mean to upset anyone

It's been a while since I've had a carburetor. When I did I didn't know anything about transfer slot, all I was exposed to was idle, a/f ratio and float bowl adjustment. The so called car guys that I knew back then never mentioned it either. This and other things is probably why a guy in high school had a mean running 350 Pontiac. I understand what you're saying about the car issue as well. I'm just trying to learn didn't mean to upset anyone
I had been around cars since the 60's and never heard of it until I joined up here. I still haven't studied it enough to know all about it. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger so they say.

There will always be newcomers to this hobby that are not familiar with particular words/terms & are wanting to learn....

-
Back