Transmission acted up again on Saturday!! For the last time!

-

DARTSPORT

Reaction score
My transmission from GER acted up again on saturday, 3rd time in 2 months. Trans brake solenoid acted up , and then next pass it launched and then slipped very bad !! I pulled it out on sunday and dropped it off at GER to be fixed AGAIN!! I will not be putting it in the car again!!! I called John, at Cope Racing Transmissions on monday. Very nice guy to talk to. He was happy to help, I ordered a SuperPro2 Trans brake transmission, and converter. I should receive everything next week!! I can' t wait to try it out, and not have to worry about trany trouble anymore!! Any body want my old trany when I get it back from GER?????? :scratch: :?

Paul, no thanks on the tranny offer....I got enough broken crap of my own. :jocolor:

20046212772700097570535.jpg

I think the best thing to do with it is sell it to a ricer, maybe he could actually put it into his car and brag about it :tongue:

I was talking to John today, I should have everything by UPS, hopefully by next thursday. So I should be able to see how it all works next weekend. 2-days of racing , July 3rd & 4th, at MapleGrove.. :D 8) I am also getting the new TCI carbon fiber trans shield. Going to do away with the TCI aluminium shields that I have now. It will make it easier to service the filter and fluid with the carbon fiber shield, Just move the strap, and I can drain and remove the pan.

I have heard a lot of good thing's about Cope!!! Sucks to have to go through all the crap with the GER. Good Luck!

DartSport,

Hi, Just reading your forum post about your transmission problems. I am not sure where you are in Pennsylvania in relation to where I am in Delaware, but I can recommend the people at Deltrans Transmissions to hopefully get you back on the road if you are not happy with your current transmission technician. I know the owner of the shop, and I recently had to have my TF 904 3 speed auto rebuilt in my '68 Valiant. I would trust him over the people at Cottman or AAMCO. I hope everything works out for you.

Your friend,

Brian Carotenuto

I received the transmission and shield today from Copes Racing Transmissions and the torque converter from PTC yesterday!! Everything looks very good!! Time to install it!! The weather is suppose to be nice on saturday, possible rain showers on sunday.. I have races both days this weekend, so I should be able to see how it works. :D

The new trany & converter worked EXCELLENT!!! I had good lights, won 2 rounds on saturday and then a RED lighted in third round, -.012 reaction time in 3rd round. The car ran 10.19et to 10.24et on saturday, it was hot and muggy, 84 to 94 degrees temperature. Actually ran faster with the new setup , even with the hotter and worse weather conditions!! On sunday, we only get 1 time run, I had a good light, .005 reaction time, car ran a 10.22et. But 1st round, I came up with a RED light, -.010 reaction time. But I am HAPPY, the transmission worked VERY GOOD!!!! :D :cheers:

congrats, maybe i will have to look into something if this clown doesnt get my 4 spee straight, maybe a passion alum 833 or a 6 speed :shock: :shock: thats streeting at its best :D

-
Back