Transmission shops

-

Jacobgraham

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m looking for a good transmission shop to do a rebuild on a 727 in the Bay Area or Central Valley area. Just looking for recommendations, thank you!

Hello everyone! I’m looking for a good transmission shop to do a rebuild on a 727 in the Bay Area or Central Valley area. Just looking for recommendations, thank you!

Do you need it removed and replaced too? I can recommend a great shop in Morgan Hill for that. But, I would buy the transmission from John Cope's shop, and have it drop shipped to the shop you use.

I would also call Precision of New Hampton and get a quality torque converter shipped to you as well. I absolutely love the converter the build for me.

Do you need it removed and replaced too? I can recommend a great shop in Morgan Hill for that. But, I would buy the transmission from John Cope's shop, and have it drop shipped to the shop you use.

I would also call Precision of New Hampton and get a quality torque converter shipped to you as well. I absolutely love the converter the build for me.
Precision is a great company.

I have a transmission already that just needs a rebuild. I’m unsure of the inners and wanna make sure it’ll be a good trans once I start putting the car together

I have a transmission already that just needs a rebuild. I’m unsure of the inners and wanna make sure it’ll be a good trans once I start putting the car together

That's good. Is this going to be a relatively stock build or are you looking for something more performance oriented?

Unless you are building a high performance/ race oriented car, I would look at adding a Transgo 2 shift improvement kit, and take the transmission to a local shop that has the highest customer reviews on yelp and other places. You can also buy a very high quality rebuild kit and bring it to the shop you choose. They often come with special instructions to improve the transmission performance.

Also, adding a good quality torque converter matched to your car, horsepower level and driving style is always wise. So is adding a plate style transmission cooler. Let me know if you want the name of the shop in Morgan Hill.

A rebuild kit for that transmission is probably about $120...
Rebuilding it yourself is easier than falling out of bed...

That's good. Is this going to be a relatively stock build or are you looking for something more performance oriented?

Unless you are building a high performance/ race oriented car, I would look at adding a Transgo 2 shift improvement kit, and take the transmission to a local shop that has the highest customer reviews on yelp and other places. You can also buy a very high quality rebuild kit and bring it to the shop you choose. They often come with special instructions to improve the transmission performance.

Also, adding a good quality torque converter matched to your car, horsepower level and driving style is always wise. So is adding a plate style transmission cooler. Let me know if you want the name of the shop in Morgan Hill.
Yeah I’ll take the name for the Morgan hill shop. It’s gonna be a street car that will have some extra horsepower to it.

-
Back