Transporting Mountain Bikes

-

perko

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had a good solution for transporting mountain bikes with a duster. I used to be able to fit my downhill bike in the trunk with the wheel off, but my new trail bike is longer and lower and slacker. I've seen some cool drip rail mounted vintage repo racks that would work but i'm worried about strapping bikes to an old rail. especially if its a 40lb downhill bike. I guess the alternatives would be one of the trunk strapped ones or to put a trailer hitch on. Anyway does anyone have any experience with this? Photos of an abody hauling bikes would be a plus. Thanks!

Buy a hitch and use a hitch bike rack.

A hitch can be made so it can be removed easily. Or maybe have it made to be concealed?

OEM plans
Screenshot_20240426-170048.png

Last edited:
I’ve used a rack that straps to the trunk in the past and it worked great.

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had a good solution for transporting mountain bikes with a duster. I used to be able to fit my downhill bike in the trunk with the wheel off, but my new trail bike is longer and lower and slacker. I've seen some cool drip rail mounted vintage repo racks that would work but i'm worried about strapping bikes to an old rail. especially if its a 40lb downhill bike. I guess the alternatives would be one of the trunk strapped ones or to put a trailer hitch on. Anyway does anyone have any experience with this? Photos of an abody hauling bikes would be a plus. Thanks!
Here's an option.

https://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Rack/Plymouth/Duster/1970/298-SX6000B.html?VehicleID=1970108425

1714227394527.png

-
Back