Tremec Magnum six speed bellhousing issue

-

LionelR

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Tremec by Mopar six speed transmission comes with ability to locate the starter motor on both sides? Being RHD here in Australia, and the Tremec by Mopar six-speed never appearing in Chrysler, Dodge, etc vehicles, and set up for US Charger and Challenger with starter motor on RHS (passenger) I'm not sure if it will allow me to use the supplied Tremec factory bellhousing to bolt straight onto my Gen 3 Hemi 6.4l with the starter location o the LHS - our passenger side. Which of course means another $2300 AUD for an after-market housing, which I'd like to avoid. Could I also get away with a smaller, hi-torque starter instead of factory starter? I know Ram and Jeep 6.4l Hemis had starters mounted on the opposite side of the engine, but since they didn't use the Tremec Magnum the problem would not have occurred. In Australia we only have the Ford and FM Tremec Magnums, which cost the same amount as the transmission itself to modify for use in mopars. I hope that was written clearly enough!

Sorry to say, but you are out of luck, all of the modern Challengers with the 6 spd Tremec have the starter on the right side of the engine, passengers side over here, drivers side over in your neck of the woods.
The automatic cars had them on the left side.
Like you said, you will have the look and see which aftermarket company makes a bell for a left side factory small starter.

-
Back