Trick Flow Track Heat Mod's for the Street

-

YO7_A66

Reaction score
I am curious as to what modifications you have done to make new Trick Flow Track Heat intake work on your street SB’s.

A few days ago, I was at the right place at the right time on the internet and was able to purchase one of these intakes (it was the only one in stock) and it should be here mid next week. But while looking at my already mounted Weiand X-celerator, I have noticed a few differences:

-It appears that the Track Heat does not have a mounting hole for the stock type carb return spring bracket. I will have to purchase the Quick Fuel spring return kit to fix this issue.

-It also appears that the Track Heat has two large fitting holes in the front coolant passages. I can use the one on the driver’s side for the heater hose fitting (I need new heater hose and I can just cut the new piece a little longer) and the other, I may just plug and tap it for my existing coolant sensor.

-It does not come with the ¾” bypass hose nipple (Thanks Boosted), but I have one on hand.

-I will be using the Mr G intake gasket kit #5840. I will be curious how close the ports are to this gasket set.

-It does not appear to have a vacuum port on the rear of the carb flange. I will drill/tap for my fitting if needed. Can someone clarify if the vacuum port exists on this intake?

Did you clear coat the intake, or paint it engine color?

Anything else I need to look out for?

Thanks!

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

Just for the record that manifold takes a Chevrolet thermostat housing.

You can put a Chrysler thermostat housing on it but it’s not right.

And then there is the thermostat issues…

"-It appears that the Track Heat does not have a mounting hole for the stock type carb return spring bracket. I will have to purchase the Quick Fuel spring return kit to fix this issue."

You can just bolt the bracket you have with the second intake bolt.

1722035294877.jpeg

Thank you 65! I will look at
That option first
It's been so long I can't remember for sure, but that's a 71 340 motor that came out of my Mom's Duster 340 that my brother rolled (he was uninjured), and I think that's the way the original throttle spring bracket was mounted.

I received the intake today and started swapping parts over from my X-cellerator. It appears that my existing t-stat and housing should work. I also added a vacuum port to the rear of the intake and located my temp sensor. I’ll extend my heater hose and run it to the drivers side. This should be ready for primer.

IMG_4272.jpeg

I received the intake today and started swapping parts over from my X-cellerator. It appears that my existing t-stat and housing should work. I also added a vacuum port to the rear of the intake and located my temp sensor. I’ll extend my heater hose and run it to the drivers side. This should be ready for primer.

View attachment 1716283018

View attachment 1716283019

It takes a Chevy thermostat housing, not a Chrysler.

The Chrysler will fit but it’s leak prone.

It takes a Chevy thermostat housing, not a Chrysler.

The Chrysler will fit but it’s leak prone.
Ok as I do have one coming .
Thanks

This is why I thought it might work but I had to file this housing flat to get it to seal last time I ran it.

IMG_4265.jpeg

IMG_4266.jpeg

IMG_4268.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok as I do have one coming .
Thanks

I believe there is a spacer or something as well to fit the correct thermostat.

There are some posts in a thread on here about that, but I suck at this stuff and can never find a thread when I need to.

I can’t even imagine why Trick Flow didn’t machine the flange to take a Chevy thermostat.

Just stupid really. If they made it correctly you’d use a Chevy thermostat and housing and be done.

I do have the adapter on order and the Chevy gasket and t-stat coming too just in case.

-
Back