TrickFlow 270's are in stock!

-

MRL Performance

Reaction score
So they are in stock, TrickFlow BBM 270's. They are Max Wedge port 2.630" x 1.340", but still all stock gear, NICE. And price is Very Good. $1300 a head for the Solid Roller setup. In the right combo, 800hp is what I would shoot for. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-6161t784-c01/overview/

Now if they would get off their *** and make a nice SBM head..............................

Not in stock. I see late March. But I can wait! Gotta have these heads. Will run them with a tunnel ram. Does anyone know if the Weiand tunnel ram can be port matched to these? Is there enough material?

My first set of 270 heads showed up yesterday. They look really nice. The ports are the "small" MW size which means they fit the Fel Pro gasket. I used a Superformance gasket in this picture and you can see that the ports are not as wide as this gasket. The really big MW gasket is the 302 from MrGasket and it would be much larger than these ports.

DSC_0329 (Large).JPG

I need to figure that out myself. I have a dry sump 470 engine that I was planning to use but it isn't together yet so I might re-use the wet sump 470. Either way I'll get these heads on the dyno in the near future and see what kind of power they make.

So what intake would you use for the B- Low deck build? the indy but just port match it? slightly cornfused on the intake port size...

Indy has a low deck MW intake. That is the only one I'm aware of.

Does anyone know if these or the 240s have header bolts that enter the water jacket?

The ports in the new 270 heads look really nice. Trick Flow uses their competition porting on these heads which is much smoother than the step over used on the 240 heads. I don't know if it helps or hurts the airflow but it sure looks nice.

DSC_0383 (Large).JPG

andy, are you going to test them on the same 470 as the 240cc heads?

No, I decided to build a new short block for this test. The new engine will be a 400 based 470 but I'm going to use a Molnar crank, Molnar rods and JE pistons. This engine will be 11:1 compression with 043 top ring, lateral gas ports and a dry sump system.

DSC_0291 (Large).JPG

It made 750 hp on pump gas with the 270 heads. I tried the Indy intake but it wasn't very good so I switched back to my Wilson modified M1 4500 intake. I'm going to send the Indy intake to Wilson to see if they can make it work.

DSC_0448 (Large).JPG

DSC_0505 (Large).JPG

Did you find any other single or dual plane intake options ... trying to find one that will fit under hood also.. thanks for the info ..

-
Back