TrickFlow 270's are in stock!

-
Did you find any other single or dual plane intake options ... trying to find one that will fit under hood also.. thanks for the info ..
There are no other options for a low deck Max Wedge intake. Indy makes the only one out of the box. You can make your own by welding and porting on a standard port intake but if you want to buy a cast intake off the shelf then it is Indy or nothing.

Hopefully TF will get on the ball and make a low deck MW version of their single plane manifold. I suppose you could use a B1 manifold and weld/epoxy it up. S/F....Ken M

I don't think a B1 intake would be the best starting point but I suppose it all depends on how serious of an engine you are working on. I think the Indy 400-3 intake is okay as a starting point. You just have to remember that as cast the Indy intakes aren't all that great. So either buy it ported from Indy or send it to someone you trust to have it cleaned up. It would be nice if Trick Flow did a matching intake for the 270 heads since their standard port intakes are super nice. They really did a great job designing their low deck and RB intakes. I like the Trick Flow intakes better than the Edelbrock Victor intakes for a serious engine. So if Trick Flow had the same guy who did their standard port intakes do a Max Wedge version then I'm sure they would be great intakes as well.

what about your ttunnel ram with the twin eddy's? do you think it could be port matched to the 270 TF andy??

I don't think any standard port intake can be re-worked into a good Max Wedge intake. You can bell mouth a standard port intake so it matches up with a Max Wedge port but that doesn't really accomplish much. A properly designed intake has a constant taper from the plenum to the cylinder head. Taking a small port intake and the putting a bell mouth on it doesn't make it flow like a Max Wedge intake, it just makes it look like one.

Valve covers are custom built. I did a CAD design and sent it to a local machine shop. They cost a bunch of money since they are carved out of billet.

Andy, I have a suggestion. Why don't you move to the Detroit/Toledo/Cleveland/Columbus area!

Andy, I have a suggestion. Why don't you move to the Detroit/Toledo/Cleveland/Columbus area!

It almost happened. I applied to GMI (General Motors Institute) when I was a high school kid. I wanted to get an engineering degree and join the big three. I didn't get accepted into the program so I stayed in the NW and went to work in the high tech area. Probably better for me that I didn't get accepted. I think I ended up making a lot more money in high tech than I would've made in Detroit. If I had gone to Detroit in the 80's I probably would've gotten laid off in 2007 and my house would worth nothing!

Valve covers are custom built. I did a CAD design and sent it to a local machine shop. They cost a bunch of money since they are carved out of billet.
Maybe u should build a couple hundred pairs, I`d buy a set if they weren`t sky high. My clear valley cover is holding up well so far, no discolorization at all yet! But have to be careful of how I clean it.

Maybe u should build a couple hundred pairs, I`d buy a set if they weren`t sky high. My clear valley cover is holding up well so far, no discolorization at all yet! But have to be careful of how I clean it.

I don't have the money to buy that much inventory. It would probably cost $20,000 or more to create the tooling to make those covers in high volume. I'm sure they would sell if a person made them but I don't want to invest that much cash into something that might not pay back for a long time.

I don't have the money to buy that much inventory. It would probably cost $20,000 or more to create the tooling to make those covers in high volume. I'm sure they would sell if a person made them but I don't want to invest that much cash into something that might not pay back for a long time.
Understand that !

I take it the Edelbrock Victor Intake Manifolds 2886 doesn't fit?

Is the difference between MW and Regular intake square bore versus more oblong?

Thanks for help. We're using the 270s in our 431 build.

If the Victor doesn't fit out-of-the-box is it worth machining it or just use high rise intake you used in the pic/test? Or the Indy low deck MW 4150. 400-30

Last edited:
I take it the Edelbrock Victor Intake Manifolds 2886 doesn't fit?

Is the difference between MW and Regular intake square bore versus more oblong?

Thanks for help. We're using the 270s in our 431 build.

If the Victor doesn't fit out-of-the-box is it worth machining it or just use high rise intake you used in the pic/test? Or the Indy low deck MW 4150. 400-30

The Victor is a standard port intake so the port size is a lot smaller than the 270 head port. The bolt pattern is the same so the Victor will bolt on to the heads, but the port size is way off. Here is a picture of a 270 gasket on a 240 head.

DSC_0461 (Large).JPG

It might be a little late now but I have the max wedge 270 competition Port heads and I talked to trick flow .I also have the track Heat intake and they said that it would fit on a low Deck with those heads you just have to do the porting. The guy I talked to said they made it thicker on the top to accommodate the porting. Andy I had talked to you about this block not too long ago. 383 stroked 496. I was concerned about the intake myself but trick flow swears the track heat intake will work. I don't know too much about big blocks so I'm having to rely on what trick flow tells me

It might be a little late now but I have the max wedge 270 competition Port heads and I talked to trick flow .I also have the track Heat intake and they said that it would fit on a low Deck with those heads you just have to do the porting. The guy I talked to said they made it thicker on the top to accommodate the porting. Andy I had talked to you about this block not too long ago. 383 stroked 496. I was concerned about the intake myself but trick flow swears the track heat intake will work. I don't know too much about big blocks so I'm having to rely on what trick flow tells me
I would do the 270 heads if I were starting over. But I am surprised at the flow rating on them, my cnc standard port victor knock offs flow more at .600 than they do. It would be worth about 20cfm on a streetcar, not to have to mess w/ raised ports, especially in an a body. Think the raised ports would be better fit for a b body, size wise !

What would you recommend for an intake?
Cam has .660 . A body, but not a street car.

I don't think any standard port intake can be re-worked into a good Max Wedge intake. You can bell mouth a standard port intake so it matches up with a Max Wedge port but that doesn't really accomplish much. A properly designed intake has a constant taper from the plenum to the cylinder head. Taking a small port intake and the putting a bell mouth on it doesn't make it flow like a Max Wedge intake, it just makes it look like one.
Andy, can`t a victor intake be cnc max wedged ?

I was wondering about the super victor. The literature says for RB blocks . Bit if the max wedge heads fit a B block, why not the super victor? As stated before I am not too familiar with big blocks. Building my first one.

Andy, can`t a victor intake be cnc max wedged ?
I'm not Andy of course, but the Victor and the Victor Max Wedge are two different manifolds. To take the Victor to full max wedge would make the top of the port razor thin and the Super Victor is designed to be, well, max Wedge size.
I was wondering about the super victor. The literature says for RB blocks . Bit if the max wedge heads fit a B block, why not the super victor? As stated before I am not too familiar with big blocks. Building my first one.
No Super Victors are cast for B engines, the Super Victors are all 440 width, too wide for the B engines.

I did get my Indy intake back from Wilson but I haven't put the engine back on the dyno yet. Looks great and I'm sure it is going to pick up some power.

DSC_0737 (Large).JPG

-
Back