TrickFlow 270's are in stock!

-
That I know. What about 240s that have been ported to max wedge size?
?????? aint got a clue . My cnc standard/raised port heads flow more than a lot of max wedge heads ------sure take up a lotta room tho !

?????? aint got a clue . My cnc standard/raised port heads flow more than a lot of max wedge heads ------sure take up a lotta room tho !
The intake ports on a max wedge style head such as the trick flow 270 or the edelbrock Victor's are taller than the trick flow 240s. There are people.who have been enlarging the ports on a 240 trick flow head to max wedge size in order to make them flow even better. My question was to andy f. As to whether he made his "bat wings" in the max wedge intake port size.

Trick flow 240 head.... one picture has a max wedge gasket over the standard 240 intake ports, the other is a 240 head with one of the ports enlarged to max wedge size.

FB_IMG_1558135123433.jpg

FB_IMG_1558135117378.jpg

Yes I make them. Part number AR397. Mazzolini Racing should have them in stock.

Total WAG with regards to the pic....... but.......
Since the 270 has raised port and the 240 doesn’t....... doing nothing but opening the 240 to MW size “shouldn’t” end up being better than the 270........ unless perhaps you do some other things in the valve job and bowl that prove beneficial.

Working just the opening, and bringing that work into the port about 1/2-2/3 of the way in...... I’d guess it would get you about 1/2 way from the 240 to the 270.

On the std port Victor and Indy SR, changing only the port opening from std size to MW size is hardly worth anything on an otherwise untouched port.

Because of how the transition at the roof is done, and the sizing of the port downstream of the intake mounting surface, a std port Indy EZ will pick up 20-25cfm going from the std opening to MW size.

On a bowl blended Stealth, it’s about 10cfm better at MW size.

36C7CF11-B1D4-422B-AA12-23209D4598F6.jpeg

so AndyF , do i purchase these heads through you and your shop ? or give them funds to a corp that i know no one at . at least your a member here and showing us the real deal on this stuff . i'm building a 540plus wedge i've got a pro ported pair of stage 6's , but i don't want to use them on my rb build , saving them for my b stroker build . a 470 looks like a great engine package with my stage 6's . so what is my next step on the tf270's ?

Yea, sad, he left the biz a while back and closed up his shop. A response from him will never come. He was reporting a bit unrealistic power from his work. Until that point when things started to inflate, he was regarded as a good fella and very helpful.

PRH will help you out. He has been in the biz a very long time, has helped many on these forums as well, he is often very active here.

Yea, sad, he left the biz a while back and closed up his shop. A response from him will never come. He was reporting a bit unrealistic power from his work. Until that point when things started to inflate, he was regarded as a good fella and very helpful.

PRH will help you out. He has been in the biz a very long time, has helped many on these forums as well, he is often very active here.
Cool thanks rob

Total WAG with regards to the pic....... but.......
Since the 270 has raised port and the 240 doesn’t....... doing nothing but opening the 240 to MW size “shouldn’t” end up being better than the 270........ unless perhaps you do some other things in the valve job and bowl that prove beneficial.

Working just the opening, and bringing that work into the port about 1/2-2/3 of the way in...... I’d guess it would get you about 1/2 way from the 240 to the 270.

On the std port Victor and Indy SR, changing only the port opening from std size to MW size is hardly worth anything on an otherwise untouched port.

Because of how the transition at the roof is done, and the sizing of the port downstream of the intake mounting surface, a std port Indy EZ will pick up 20-25cfm going from the std opening to MW size.

On a bowl blended Stealth, it’s about 10cfm better at MW size.

View attachment 1715550316
Hi prh, I have a plan in my active mind.
I want to build a tunnel ram this winter & the dimensions I have chosen for tubing is a bit bigger than my tf240s, 2.5×1.25. I live in Washington state & am a do it myself guy. I was wondering how you would go at the 240s to open them up to port match. It will be a custom port dimension obviously so I'll make gaskets. How far would you blend into the port.
I assume I'd take the majority out of the roof & leave the floor as much intact as possible. Any advice id be very grateful.
Thank you ! Also, I see you answered most of my question in your post but anything you may know now ?

I haven’t taken a 240 out to MW size myself, or had one on the bench that someone else did...... so what what I said was merely a guess.

But...... yes, the smart move would be to raise the roof and leave the floor alone.

I haven’t taken a 240 out to MW size myself, or had one on the bench that someone else did...... so what what I said was merely a guess.

But...... yes, the smart move would be to raise the roof and leave the floor alone.
Thank you prh

so AndyF , do i purchase these heads through you and your shop ? or give them funds to a corp that i know no one at . at least your a member here and showing us the real deal on this stuff . i'm building a 540plus wedge i've got a pro ported pair of stage 6's , but i don't want to use them on my rb build , saving them for my b stroker build . a 470 looks like a great engine package with my stage 6's . so what is my next step on the tf270's ?

I don't sell Trick Flow heads. Call Summit Racing if you want to buy a new set of Trick Flow heads.

PHR, I heard last week that the Indy SR port is the same as in the std and max versions other than the intake opening. Or maybe I misunderstood. Kim

PHR, I heard last week that the Indy SR port is the same as in the std and max versions other than the intake opening. Or maybe I misunderstood. Kim

The SR is only “made” one way.
Std port size.
They can be ported to MW size, but they all start out as std port opening heads.
All the Indy BB heads are raised runner heads.

TF240’s are not raised runner, the 270’s are.

The SR is only “made” one way.
Std port size.
They can be ported to MW size, but they all start out as std port opening heads.
All the Indy BB heads are raised runner heads.

TF240’s are not raised runner, the 270’s are.
Thanks PHR

-
Back