Truck OD shifter in Abody

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I have almost the entire setup to put an OD 4 speed into an Abody and I am trying to collect the last few parts so I can knock it all out at once. The current dilema that I am having is finding a shifter for my OD trans. I do however have a Hurst shifter that came off of a truck OD 4 speed and I am curious if that will be the same shifter or not. If the handle is a little different than an Abody I am not worried. My main concern is that it will shift correctly. Also I doubt that I can but if the shifter box is correct then does anyone know if I can also use the same shift rods?

Thanks for the help guys
Jeff

I have several of that linkage that you need from a Volari. The truck box will work. The only difference in the OD linkage and the standard 4spd is the 3-4 rod and tab. The tab is clearly marked OD and the rod is bent alittle different because the tab mounts face down . This is Opposite of the way a 4spd. tab goes on. You will use the standard a-body mount plate. The hurst shifter boxes are all the same for several different cars. Some of the 80's GM cars had a push down and over for reverse . This is a prefered unit. It prevents sliding into the cross pattern when shifting second. One of the main reasons for missing second by most. This shifter was also offered by Hurst and still is. But $$$$$

I have the mounting flange but I do need the linkages. If you are interested in selling a set please let me know and I am interested in buying them. Just PM me and we can get something figured out. I am glad to know that I am not going to have to go and search high and low to find another box. Great news!

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff you need the A/F body linkage , truck is different . Also note you need the OD specific 3/4 rod , it is different than the non od rod. The truck shifter will work , reverse may be all the way out on the end of it's adjuster.

-
Back