Trunk Divider Board installation.

-

Arron tate

T B L
Reaction score
Hello All,
What is the correct way to install the Trunk Divider board that goes between the rear seat (upper) and the trunk?
The insulation is glued to the black divider board.
With the Shoddy insulation facing the trunk? OR with the Shoddy Insulation facing the seat back.
Thanks in advance,
Stay Safe......
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

TRUNK DIVIDER SHODDY BACKING 3.jpg
TRUNK DIVIDER SHODDY BACKING 2.jpg

Honestly I dont use the insulation. I dont think i ever saw an original car with it either so i couldnt say which side it goes on. I would put it towards the seat.

I’d face the insulation towards back of seat so you don’t see it from the trunk side.
Honestly I dont use the insulation. I dont think i ever saw an original car with it either so i couldnt say which side it goes on. I would put it towards the seat.

Hello All,
I would tend to agree,
Upon looking at it if you install it insulation towards the seat when you go to install the seat it would rip the insulation where the seat frame goes over / into the tabs on the body when you have to push the seat down into the tabs.
Confusing..
Stay Safe.....
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

I built my own using a pattern I made. I put the sound deadener on the seat side and covered it with plastic from a mattress bag and glued it down. Worked great and no tearing of the jute when the seat back comes in or out. On my Comet I built an aluminum rear firewall and screwed and sealed it to the back seat frame. Lot of work and I won't to that again:)

Bumping this up.......insulated for $49 or not insulated for $25?

Anything special or tricky about installation?

No insulation on originals, so turn it whichever way you like.

I see no need for the insulation myself.

I think I am just going to buy some material and use spray adhesive on my divider panel

It's still in good shape but appears to be plain and uncovered board

-
Back