Trunk lock

-

ptbill

Reaction score
I have a 1965 Barracuda and yesterday I couldn't get the trunk open with the key. I've had the car for 4 years and the keys worked fine. My question is the best way to get the lock out. I'm going to replace so I'm not concerned about saving it. I'm thinking about drilling it out but wanted any other ideas.
Thanks Bill

I used take a med-small flat head screw driver and just put it into the key hole and wap it with a hammer.... BUT a drill is way gentler and the better method.
You can get the locks from oreilys and the rest for around 18.00 bucks

IT comes out through the trunk and there is a large C clip holding it in. Do it the right way so you don't damage the hole. Can you get into the trunk from inside the car?

IT comes out through the trunk and there is a large C clip holding it in. Do it the right way so you don't damage the hole. Can you get into the trunk from inside the car?
I can't get into the truck because the security panel is up and locked in place. The only way to lower it is with the trunk open

Does the key turn? or the key wont go in? Is it the lock or the latch that is the problem?

then spray the lock cyl with a good lube and work the key in and out, you just have a tumbler that is stuck.

Try turning the key and tapping on the key with a hammer. watch this video. Start it at 2:00

Well got the truck open by drilling the lock out, worked good. Thanks for everyone's help

-
Back