Trunk torsion springs adjustment

-
On my 70 Dart, I had to get in the trunk laid down on my back to make adjustments. Pull the torsion rod end out of one of the three holes, push the rod end back into a lower hole for more torsion. One adjustment on one side of the trunk may work if not adjust the other as well, both should be within a hole of each other. I don't like it when it hammers on the stops when it swings open.

IMG_3376.JPG

On my 70 Dart, I had to get in the trunk laid down on my back to make adjustments. Pull the torsion rod end out of one of the three holes, push the rod end back into a lower hole for more torsion. One adjustment on one side of the trunk may work if not adjust the other as well, both should be within a hole of each other. I don't like it when it hammers on the stops when it swings open.

View attachment 1715255596
Great Will give that a try. Thank you

Make sure the holes / sheet metal the springs go through are still intact. My 67 convertible had metal fatigue on both sides causing what felt like weak springs but really the were just in the wrong location. Ill look for a thread with photos

If you have a wing on it you will probably have to go to the farthest holes. For just a plain trunk the last hole or middle one is usually good. Put a little dialetric grease where the sliders ride on the hinges, makes it work smooth.

-
Back