Trunk weatherstrip - 71 Dart

-

Cal_gecko

Citron Yella!!
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install new trunk weatherstripping on my 71 Dart.. .but need to know how to install it. My old weatherstrip was removed years ago prior to painting inside the trunk.. can you guys please post photos of the trunk jamb, showing where to route the weatherstrip, as well as which direction to install it?

Thanks!

This is how the trunk seal was applied to mine and everything on the car was factory. It overlapped the opening to the inside of the trunk and was flush with the outside of the lip on the channel.

I bought mine from Metro. They recommend using 3M black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. I went to our local NAPA, O'Reilly and AutoZone and could only find Permatex Weatherstrip Adhesive which I'm sure is fine but looks to be orange.

Just for fun I checked WalMart while I was in there today and they have the 3M product back in Automotive hanging above their Bondo display.

trunkseal.jpg

Put the weatherstrip in today. Make sure it's where you want it- That 3M adhesive is great. Put it down and it stays even around the twisting corners on the latch side. Looks great and any minor adhesive that squeezed out doesn't show because it's black.

-
Back