TRW Pump jammed circlip and bearing press

-

Furyus67

Reaction score
Cross posting for more help. My TRW pump is off my '67 Plymouth Fury.

My plan was to take the reservoir off and only replace the large reservoir o-ring, but while it was apart I noticed the circlip on the flow control valve was jammed. That's when I decided to tear the whole thing down. After tearing it down the end of the flow control valve is a little chewed up where it was jammed, and the circlip seat/groove is slightly notched.

Once I got down to the bearing, it was missing 1 needle. I think this thing must have been apart before.

2 questions:
How can I press the bearing out? There is only access to the bearing on one side. The back side it covered. If anyone has a picture of them pressing the bearing out that would be great.
What should I do about the end of the flow control valve? Should I try to sand the tip to smooth it out?

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5988.jpeg

IMG_6085.jpeg

IMG_6089.jpeg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_6083.jpeg

438802307_10168491130285608_7980999915184120801_n.jpg

you should still be able to press that bearing out. There has to be at least part of the bearing housing or needle set showing or the shaft would rub the housing. Find a deep well socket in your tool box that just barely slips into the hole and pop the bearing out. You could also punch the bottom of the bearing out as long as you are replacing it.

You'd be dollars and headaches ahead going with a saginaw pump.. The brackets, pulley and rebuilt ones are all readily available.

-
Back