Trying to rake my car.

-

71' Swinger

Reaction score
Hey guys I am trying to put a small rake on my 1971 Dodge Dart and as foolish as I feel saying this, I have no idea how to do it or what parts to look for or where to start. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanx fellas...

you could try backing the torsion bar adjusters out a little bit. the adjuster bolts are located on the lower control arms and are accessed from below. they're the big bolts you see sticking out the bottom. but beware, it will affect your alignment and suspension efficiency depending on how much you back them out. better way would be put some XHD rear springs on or have your existing springs re-arched.

Nose up, rear down, rear up nose down, up all around or all slammed to the ground it's all rake to me.

9ux0l2.jpg

If the rear springs are good you can adjust the torsion bars in the front to get a slight rake. Or the old fashion way Air shocks or shackles.

You can also try some of these adjustable shackles, which I have. But for the life of me I cannot remember where I got them. I am using super stock leaf springs, but they are on the stock setting on the shackle. The car already has a "rake" to it with the SS springs, and the shackles were not needed. I guess with worn out leaf springs, the adjustable shackles would be great. For handling, which I'm building my barracuda for, the SS springs are too stiff and provide too much of a rake. It would have been better to just get some HD springs.

jkyi2x.jpg

vxogax.jpg

-
Back