tti 2.5 x system on 72 demon 340 review

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
well first off i will say i had these installed rather than try to do it myself. i am glad i did. the drivers side lead pipe that comes off the manifold fits great , but not without it's problems. the pipe is too close to the transmission kickdown linkage. it will need to be bent out away alittle more from it to clear. no problems on the torsion bar clearance.the exhaust guy that did the install said the drivers side was pretty hard to install. original starter works, but will have to be dropped down for the install. the passenger side lead pipe that they sent was fine , execpt the end was not flared enough to fit the manifold.it had to be cut off and new piece added to fit the flare. past the engine the system was made correct. the only other problem was the hangers at the end of the tailpipe. the tailpipes have built in hangers on them that are further back than the factory hangers for the chrome tips. this is not a problem if you don't plan to use the factory style chrome tips. if you do you will have to cut the pipes back enough to allow you to use the factory chrome tips. now the sound is another story. i used the dyomax superturbos that come with the system, they sound really nice at idle. at speed from 15-40 mph they are almost too loud inside the car! really, conversation is diffucult, and i don't think you could hear a radio without turning it up! i only have the factory sound deading that came in the car, so i can change this with some additional sound deading material. i am just letting you know what you are in for here. performance from factory style 2 inch ,no crossover style duals to this new system is very noticable. the x system definatly helps with performance. honestly the feeling was almost like a gain i would have expected from a header install. i would imagine this system would really show it's capabilities with a set of tti headers. overall i highly recommend this system. :thumblef:

I've got the exact same deal. Xpipe, but with Schumacher Headers. It is loud, but it really sounds awesome from the outside. My only issues was with the xpipe, I'm having problems putting on a driveshaft loop. Other than that, yes there were some fit issues, but wow, what a sound. I went with the Dynomax Ultra Flows. I'm not even gonna try to put in a sound system.
Tony

dsc00325.jpg

72Dmn said:
I've got the exact same deal. Xpipe, but with Schumacher Headers. It is loud, but it really sounds awesome from the outside. My only issues was with the xpipe, I'm having problems putting on a driveshaft loop. Other than that, yes there were some fit issues, but wow, what a sound. I went with the Dynomax Ultra Flows. I'm not even gonna try to put in a sound system.
Tony
man i can only imagine how loud in the car is with your system! must run great though. does yours quiet down in the car above 40 or 45? mine gets alot better in the car from above 40. love the color of your demon by the way!

I have the TTI 2 1/2 X pipe system with Dynomax super turbos and love them. i did not have the fitment problems you had but I have the Lokar cable kickdown which works real nice and the fit on to the manifolds was great. The mufflers are loud from 5 to 40 but I have bought some sound deadening material from RAAMat and will let you all know how well it works.

Yes it does get much quieter inside at about 45mph. I'd like to get an overdrive system eventually that will help the highway cruise. You mentioned the color...this was my grandpas car.../6 grocery getter. If he were alive today, he'd laugh at what we did...he'd think it was a waste. I however had my eye on the Demon since I was 5 when he bought it!

I just purchased my TTIs for a 73 duster with a non numbers 360. I have changed the k-frame and added J heads. Im runnin dynomax super turbos with the manifolds now. My question is how difficult is the install gonna be with a four speed and should I change the starter to a mini starter for future ease and accesability?

-
Back