TTI header

-

freshayr

Reaction score
I am doing my header order for TTI. Can you guys help me. I want ceramic coated for my 340. Do I want the heat sheild? Also, what tail pipes do I want? I think I want them to come out the back. Pics of different types would be nice

and what do you thinkk about the Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers that come with their exhaust. I have been a flowmaster guy so I know nothing about the Dynomax. I have 40's on my Big block Chevelle and love them

i've had dynomax super turbos on my 68 mustang fo the past 6 1/2 years and they are great....they are quiet like a regular muffler. but if you open the car up a bit, they get loud...the flowmasters i had on my bronco were always louder than the dynomax, and at WOT were just obnoxiously loud

i'll go back with dynomax on it and on my barracuda when it's exhaust time

unless i decide to try afterburners by flowtech....but i know nothing of them

About the headers, I would definatly spend the extra $$$ and get the ceramic coated and thermal barrier headers. I put them on my '69 gts and loved 'em. On the power tour last year we would drive about 250 miles a day, averaging 90+ MPH. 10 minutes after i shut the car off i could hold the header with my hand. It's a safe estimate to say that the tti headers w/ the ceramic coating and thermal barrier cut 150-200 degrees of under hood temperature.

does anyone know approx how much more the thermal barrier is?

well..the chrome plated are 607, and the thermal barrier are 788
figure maybe half and half, so it's 181 for the coating AND the thermal barrier.....i'd say 90 each for coating and barrier......

green67cuda said:
i've had dynomax super turbos on my 68 mustang fo the past 6 1/2 years and they are great....they are quiet like a regular muffler. but if you open the car up a bit, they get loud...the flowmasters i had on my bronco were always louder than the dynomax, and at WOT were just obnoxiously loud

i'll go back with dynomax on it and on my barracuda when it's exhaust time

unless i decide to try afterburners by flowtech....but i know nothing of them

where i work we have afterburners and i have put them on many cars i realy like the sound of them they can make almost anything sound powerful and i dont think they will sound to much unless you chose the 3" ones they are pretty loud att idle and sound more and more the more throttle you give it, but the 2 1/2" 50322flt is a nice sounding silncer that has a nice rumble :) and sounds realybad when you put your fot down!

runing flowmaster40series 3" deltaflows on my duster and they are perfect for scarying of chebbys before they pick up a fight they cant handle 8)

If you haven't seen it, you can get some info from their website.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/

The internal heat barrier is also beneficial in that it will discourage rust from the inside also! Once a header starts rusting internally, it not only weakens the tube, but the roughness hurts flow!

I got just the ceramic coat tti's. I really was not impressed with the job (it was super thin), so they are going to Jet Hot after i break the new motor in.

Hey man, long time no see. Haven't been on the GOIR website lately. Anyway, you need to catch up with us closer to Crusin The Coast, 2-3 A bodies from our group will be down there hopefully.

-
Back