TTI headers and starter

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. freshayr

freshayr Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:20 PM
    Will the O E M size starter work with the TTI's? The instruction say the "mini" started will go on and off with the headers on but it doesn't say the regular size will. I need to know because I don't have my starter in yet so I don't want to do the headers and then find out i need to take them off to get the starter in.

2. duster340

duster340 street racer

Local Time:
    10:20 PM
    cant tell for sure but it looks like it will fit in, i believe they refer to that a mini starter can be taken in and out with the headers in place, while i dont think it is posible to do that with a stock starter just get the starter in att the same time as you put the headers in place and you should be fine.

3. plum360415

plum360415 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    Save your self some hasel and get a mini-starter,you can get a used one, like off a 94 or so 3.9 v-6 to 318,360 probly even a truck v-10 from a salvage yard. This starter is tons better than the stock one. turns engine over very fast. I have on on the INDY 415, My moter home, and it even works on dads HEMI Charger.I have TTI Headers on my duster fits great, the stock starter though, I think would be a pain in the a$$, and also would heat up more from header heat than a mini starter.

4. moparPW200guy

moparPW200guy Mopar freak!!!!

Local Time:
    1:20 PM
    i HAVE a mini starter stock in my 95 ram and it turns that big 488 no problems. when i go to replace the ones in my darts and my Power Wagon i am gettin minis.... easier to find and not nearly as heavy!

5. green67cuda

green67cuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:20 PM
    i just put the small starter on with 1 3/4 tti headers....
    i don't see how i could ever get the starter out without a lot of time and effort with the driver's side header....but since i have a new starter, maybe i won't have to worry about it for awhile...

that was the hardest part about installation....i had the motor out and dropped it in with the headers and starter in place

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.