TTI headers and starter

-

freshayr

Reaction score
Will the O E M size starter work with the TTI's? The instruction say the "mini" started will go on and off with the headers on but it doesn't say the regular size will. I need to know because I don't have my starter in yet so I don't want to do the headers and then find out i need to take them off to get the starter in.

cant tell for sure but it looks like it will fit in, i believe they refer to that a mini starter can be taken in and out with the headers in place, while i dont think it is posible to do that with a stock starter just get the starter in att the same time as you put the headers in place and you should be fine.

Save your self some hasel and get a mini-starter,you can get a used one, like off a 94 or so 3.9 v-6 to 318,360 probly even a truck v-10 from a salvage yard. This starter is tons better than the stock one. turns engine over very fast. I have on on the INDY 415, My moter home, and it even works on dads HEMI Charger.I have TTI Headers on my duster fits great, the stock starter though, I think would be a pain in the a$$, and also would heat up more from header heat than a mini starter.

i HAVE a mini starter stock in my 95 ram and it turns that big 488 no problems. when i go to replace the ones in my darts and my Power Wagon i am gettin minis.... easier to find and not nearly as heavy!

i just put the small starter on with 1 3/4 tti headers....
i don't see how i could ever get the starter out without a lot of time and effort with the driver's side header....but since i have a new starter, maybe i won't have to worry about it for awhile...

that was the hardest part about installation....i had the motor out and dropped it in with the headers and starter in place

-
Back