TTI Long Tube Header Question

-
No, That's one of the nice thing about the TTI's
IMG_1426.jpg

They are above the center drag link but they do go below the frame rails until you get past the transmission crossmember they tuck nicely though and are the best overall fit imho

They are above the center drag link but they do go below the frame rails until you get past the transmission crossmember they tuck nicely though and are the best overall fit imho

I agree - they're a great fit. But the OP wants to know how far below the frame rails they hang.

OP- I know the collector flange on Dougs SB headers is about 1.5" below the frame rails. I'd imagine TTI's are similar.

Maybe these photos might help.Tough to see in photos

IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1429.jpg

The photos are from this car.I was looking for some a body photos.I have installed at least 30 sets of TTI's.Hemi's small an big block.
This photo may be the best.I don't see 'um at all behind the front tire.Best I can do.

IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg

I had full length TTI's on my 68 Dart. They do hang below the frame. Since I want my car pretty low, I sold the full length TTIs and bought their shorty headers. The lowest point of that setup is their mid-pipe that connects the headers to their X pipe. I would guess that you gain an 1" with the shorties. If I need even more, I can always "adjust" the mid-pipe a little.

One other thing that I didn't like about the full length headers is that they interfered with the trans cooler lines.

Looks like they hang below the frame rails to me.

Also matters if you are using a 4-speed manual trans. Driver's side hangs much lower than auto trans with long tube TTIs

Here's another picture for reference. Big block 1 3/4 headers. You'd be hard pressed to got them any closer to the floor.

TTi headers.JPG

Thanks everyone. Those pics really help! I just don’t want them to be the lowest point under my car.
Hang a deep oil pan on it. That'll get smashed way before the headers.
(To the best of my knowledge, any full length header will be below the frame rails, it's the nature of the beast, except for full fenderwell headers, of course.)

Hang a deep oil pan on it. That'll get smashed way before the headers.
(To the best of my knowledge, any full length header will be below the frame rails, it's the nature of the beast, except for full fenderwell headers, of course.)
I’ll just have to use thick frame sliders. Cars getting slammed, just don’t want to smash my expensive headers in parked mode.

-
Back