TTI Muffler Hanger Issues

-

Dodge72

Odd one out
Reaction score
Got my TTI Exhaust, and ran into an issue with the muffler hangers provided .

I did their seatbelt trick with their liberty bolts as I only had a single exhaust previously on my 72 Dart. The angle of the brackets is not correct : they angle up towards the floor, not straight down where they should be.

20200517_150807.jpg

20200517_150747.jpg

Did I get incorrect brackets? I have a two door which I'm wondering if the seatbelt trick is off no use. If you've installed this, let me know what you did, thank you!

I did their seatbelt trick with their liberty bolts as I only had a single exhaust previously on my 72 Dart. The angle of the brackets is not correct : they angle up towards the floor, not straight down where they should be.

View attachment 1715530161

View attachment 1715530164

Did I get incorrect brackets? I have a two door which I'm wondering if the seatbelt trick is off no use. If you've installed this, let me know what you did, thank you!

I have not installed those, but I can tell you what "I" would do. Remove the brackets, clamp the small end in a vise and bend more angle in them until it was where I needed it to be.

I have installed a TTi system, and used the seat belt anchors for the hangers, per the instructions, but I don't recall having any issues with the shape of the bracket. It was a few years ago, and I no longer have the car, but I would probably do what RRR suggested and bend the hanger to a more useable angle. If it still gives you trouble, check their website for videos of installs, if it still don't work, try calling them tomorrow, they are pretty good with customer service from what I remember.

I had exactly the same issue with my '72 . Even called them . haha WOund up bending and lowering hanger by adding to it . worked pissa

View attachment 1715530161

View attachment 1715530164

Yep, you gotta bend them. Had to do it with my set which is bs for the price you pay but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do if you want them to hang down right.

Thanks guys. Yeah it sucks that their muffler hangers don't fit... But man do those pipes fit AWESOME!!

I used a universal hangers I had laying around and was able to get them to work just fine. But... It's all in now. Just need to finalize clamps and make sure everything is right before locking it down .
received_169584777813408.jpeg
received_607238743209015.jpeg

-
Back