Tubes

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone run tubes in their front skinnies? My tires on my Centerlines are always down or almost flat. Is there a small enough tube with a bolt in stem? Dam, I think I may have asked this b4. Thanks. Kim

Does anyone run tubes in their front skinnies? My tires on my Centerlines are always down or almost flat. Is there a small enough tube with a bolt in stem? Dam, I think I may have asked this b4. Thanks. Kim
Back in the mid 1980's my tubeless slicks used to loose air, some racers told me the air seeps threw the rubber, take a thin layer of dish soap on inside of tire and rub it around, it fills in the porous holes. It worked great, held air on a couple different sets. Don't remember if it was "DAWN" or "JOY" they said to use now, but it does work. Hope it helps as a different option. -Jed.

I have tubes in the back but not on my skinnies, and I never seem to need to air them up either. Weird.

I don't see a problem with running a tube in the front. I'm not a guru so I may get lots of disagrees lol

Motorcycle tube?
Thinking outloud...

I use a bead sealant on any aluminum rim,seems to make some difference.

I have used that on lawn mower and 4 wheeler tires come in a can with the paint brush in the lid. Makes a huge mess haha
As a auto shop, i dislike dealing with leaking tires. The parts store stuff is junk compared to the stuff the tire shop supply guy has. Can seal a crack in your boot with that stuff.

As a auto shop, i dislike dealing with leaking tires. The parts store stuff is junk compared to the stuff the tire shop supply guy has. Can seal a crack in your boot with that stuff.
Yea I'm not a fan of leaking tires either I just replaced the rear two tires on my mower last year now the front two are leaking smh ! Lol

Kim, Check & see if tubes for 165SR or 185SR 15 will work for you. We had a pair of MT 29 tall runners that went soft in 4-5 days, we used the 185 tubes for years before they finally wouldn't pass tech any longer.

Bill, I heard from a few guys that u won’t pass tech if u have tubes in the front tires. I think that is with out a bolt in stem. Kim

Bob & I ran NHRA & IHRA in division 1 & 4, we had no problems passing tech.

I have tried the sealants and the soap trick. I sprayed the center of the rim with some sealant and it slowed it down some but not enough for my liking. Kim

A buddy of mine had to coat his wheels with silicon rubber inside the rim where the halves meet. Many come that way from the factory.

My first set of front skinnies were used and when I finally pulled them off one had a tube and one didn't LOL I put Mickey Thompsons on brand new from Summit and never had much of a problem. I did let them set over the winter one year and one went flat and actually had to take it to a tire shop to get it back on the bead..
It's likely in the bead of the rim and it needs to be smoothed.. if it goes that fast you should be able to submerge it in water and find out where it's coming from..

It has work on everything i have used it for....... Why not sealing a 2 piece rim??
Flex Seal Liquid – Liquid Rubber In A Can – Low Prices
:realcrazy:...
Toke.gif

Yah know you shouldn't be smoking around that nos bottle your huffing on.......it JUST might go Pssss, Pssss, BOOM!!:thumbsup:

Yah know you shouldn't be smoking around that nos bottle your huffing on.......it JUST might go Pssss, Pssss, BOOM!!:thumbsup:
Well that earned you the disagree button. Another reason that I did the nos was because I want to learn about it. It's just air you goofball.. extremely non flammable...:rolleyes:..

Now hows :realcrazy:

Goof ball!........seem i remember a threat the you had a conniption fit because you got call a name. Well ok :rofl:

-
Back