Tuff Stuff

-

illrad91

Reaction score
Hello everyone well I got a 67 dart with 360 and I just got the borgeson power steering.
So I need a power steering pump for it and I was looking into tuff stuff does anyone know which one is a good one for it theres a lot on the website but I don't know which saginaw one would fit specifically? has anyone used tuff stuff pumps and which ones? the reason I chose tuff stuff is because I don't want to worry about leaks or anything major for a long time. thank you

Which style pump?

Stock type Saginaw ?

Or GM Type II pump ? I don’t think anyone makes brackets for an LA small block. Be ready to fabricate your own here.

There are multiple pulley and bracket setups for LA:

Cast Iron water pump:
Saginaw
TRW (round neck) -I think all cast iron water pump with A/C got this pump

Aluminum water pump
Saginaw -starting 70’s A/C had Saginaw pumps. May be multiple bracket setups from 70-89
TRW (round neck)

im was leaning towards bergmans but i was looking at tuff stuffs pumps also i dont know which to choose

FYI I found the CVF Saginaw pump brackets raise the pump enough to allow the high pressure line to clear the biscuit K-frame mounts. I run a 900 PSI "Rack and pinion" Tuff Stuff Saginaw pump, but I have a Stage 3 Firm Feel box.

Borgensen says 1100-1250psi @ 2-2.5 GMP
upload_2021-1-25_7-6-59.png

So use:

There’s $10 difference from a Tuff Stuff Pump and a Bergman; BAC

Tuff Stuff is just selling a pump. I don’t see why this pump is less prone to leak than others.

BAC is the one you are following the advice from, has experience doing this conversion in a mopar, can actually give you customer support, and probably someone you are buying more conversion hardware from...

Buy the Bergman BAC pump.

These conversions can have issues, give yourself a fighting chance and put some support from BAC in your corner.

There’s $10 difference from a Tuff Stuff Pump and a Bergman; BAC

Tuff Stuff is just selling a pump. I don’t see why this pump is less prone to leak than others.

BAC is the one you are following the advice from, has experience doing this conversion in a mopar, can actually give you customer support, and probably someone you are buying more conversion hardware from...

Buy the Bergman BAC pump.

These conversions can have issues, give yourself a fighting chance and put some support from BAC in your corner.
yea your right i was just wondering what people thought about tuff stuff i will be buying bergmans hes great thanks everyone

-
Back