Tuff wheel horn button mounting?

-

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How does the horn button mount to a grant repo tuff wheel? I bought one that has a cobbled way to attach it. It works “okay” but I’m wondering how it’s supposed to be, or what proper parts I may need to make it right.

Thanks!

I just bought and installed one of those repop ones. You have two options. You can either buy the grant horn button kit or use a factory horn button assembly. I used one off an E body wheel since I had a couple laying around. The horn button they provide does not clip on very tight. I had to bend the prongs out to get it to hold on tight.
Overall im very satisfied with the wheel. Its not show quality by any means but its great for my daily driver.

Mopar Horn Switch Cuda Challenger Charger GTX 2822126 | eBay
DODGE MOPAR HORN BUTTON SWITCH NEW P/N 2822126 | eBay
MOPAR TUFF STEERING WHEEL HORN SWITCH WITH ADAPTOR | eBay

I just bought and installed one of those repop ones. You have two options. You can either buy the grant horn button kit or use a factory horn button assembly. I used one off an E body wheel since I had a couple laying around. The horn button they provide does not clip on very tight. I had to bend the prongs out to get it to hold on tight.
Overall im very satisfied with the wheel. Its not show quality by any means but its great for my daily driver.

Mopar Horn Switch Cuda Challenger Charger GTX 2822126 | eBay
DODGE MOPAR HORN BUTTON SWITCH NEW P/N 2822126 | eBay
MOPAR TUFF STEERING WHEEL HORN SWITCH WITH ADAPTOR | eBay

Good info, thank you. What does the back of the horn button look like in unmolested form?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

About 20 years ago I designed an adapter to mount any 10 bolt steering wheel and use the Tuff Wheel Horn Button/Switch to cover the 10 bolt pattern. I gave the design to the late Fearless Fred Goeske at WheelAdapter.com Or email Fred@wheeladapter.com (818)992-5700.
If they don’t have the plans anymore tell them to get ahold of me.

I used a Moto Lita steering wheel and my adapter on my ‘70 Barracuda. But most 10 bolt steering wheels are the same.

87CBBD67-207B-4286-A6C3-2112768AF22E.jpeg

5508FB92-55BD-4C83-8D20-FB4A0477970E.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back