Two barrel intake question

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
Does anybody maybe SlantsixDan or another member may beable to answer this question what year did mamopar start putting two barrel intakes on the slant six
The reason I'm asking when I first started my 62 valiant project the original motor had a two barrel carb but I didn't think anything of it I just thought maybe somebody upgraded the intake but the more I think about it with all the options my valiant had I was curious if in 62 they didn't offer a two barrel intake as a option
Thanks in advance
Aaron

No, the 2-bbl (aka "super six") wasn't available until the mid-70's '76 if I'm not mistaken. If your 62 came with one, it's not original.

As far as the engine, you can check the numbers on the block, both the casting and the stamped numbers. Later engines (late 70's) didn't have the separate spark plug tubes, they were cast into the block. I think early engines had forged cranks rather than cast, which is preferable. The 80's engines started using hydraulic cams, which is not desired since I don't think any hydraulic performance cams are available.

-
Back