U Clip Woes

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I didn't think it would difficult to find a replacement U Clip but I am pulling my hair out. I have checked 2 auto parts stores and 2 hardware stores and have yet to find them.

The bolts are #10-24 1/2 inch. They are used on the grill to hold it to the body. There is one bracket on each side the top and bottom most bolt has a u clip that mounts to the body. I can't find these clips anywhere. I found them at Fastenal but I have to buy 25 of them for 15 bucks. I just don't need or want to spend the money if I don't need to. Can anyone suggest another place to find them?

Our local Ace carries a few different sizes. We also have one auto paint and body supply that carries a decent supply of these different fasteners. I don't have any for 1/2" bolts or I would send you a couple.
C

Thank you clhyer. I looked at Ace Hardware and they do have some selection but none of them are #10 size. :( The biggest rub is that I have had no unique broken parts the problem parts have always what I would consider universal. Like these clips.

10-24 U clip I dont know I have 10-24 U nuts here. A pic of what you need would help.

I have found them at Lowes and Home Depot in the specialty hardware section.

This is what they are.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/UNut-4CUG6

The problem is to keep consistent with the bolts I need to use the same thread and bolt size otherwise I will have different size bolts and I dont want to do that if at all possible. Pluse the spacing available under the front cowl is very small so a larger bolt would be VERY difficult to get into there.

OHHH,
I thought you were looking for a 1/2" U Nut!!!
I darn sure did wonder where that size bolt was used on a grill:eek:ops:

Let me check our local Ace, they used to have a pretty decent selection.
C

Thanks clyher but I have a car show today. I ended up buying 50 for 15 dollars. So if anyone else needs them just give me a holler. I am more then willing to help. :D

-
Back