Under Dash repop Harness

-

JoeSBP

RLTW!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good morning Gents, just had a quick request for info.

Recently suffered the well known and all too common catastrophic failure in the AMP gauge circuit on my '69 Valiant Signet. I pulled the harness and had planned to do the Mad Bypass, repair where needed, and do a general refresh on all the connectors, loom wrap etc.

Well thats not going to happen as every last inch of the black ALT wire from bulkhead to fuse block has melted off all its insulation and has melted its way into other circuits, welding everthing together, effectively destroying the harness.

I have a decent harness out of a '69 dart that I'm going to rehab and stab in for now, but I would like to purchase a new correct reproduction harness for her. I have too much money invested in this car to be second guessing anything.

I have one on order through YearOne ($450:shock:). They are happy to take my money now, but have told me it's likely to be 6months+ before they will send it out. Does anyone else have a source for reproduction harnesses that are going to use correct connectors, etc and be a direct fit??

Im pretty sure there is one other company marketing them but from what I have read and heard year one is the best quality, they use M&M I think out of the Chicago area. Try classic ind but be careful if you see one half the price it's probably not as good as the YO harness.

I waited till year one had one of their bigger %off sales then pulled the trigger on a dash harness, I'll bet they will have one during the holidays coming up.

And you are right it did take a while to ship probably 3 months

This company is touting wiring for A body "Coming soon" should be interesting

http://www.americanautowire.com/?p=5984

I think there might be another company out there if you are to believe year one/M&H advertising "the other guys" stuff isn't very correct, If you go to M&H's website they say the reason they only sell Mopar wiring though year one is because YO paid for the tooling

http://www.wiringharness.com/

69 dart/valiant/cuda are the same. They are year specific for a body cars. A used one can be had for $50-60

69 dart/valiant/cuda are the same. They are year specific for a body cars. A used one can be had for $50-60

some of the connectors are def different. I just wanted to have all new for piece of mind

I verified with M&H, it will indeed be 30+ weeks before it will be available.

Hoping American Auto Wire can get something up and going soon..

Spoke with American Auto Wire this morning. Their A-body specific complete harness will be available starting 21 Dec.. This is the route I'm going. I'll report back once it's in my hand

-
Back