unruly window lifter 73 dart

-

easy803

Reaction score
I just bought a 73 dart custom yesterday its really in stellar shape however the lifter arm on the pass front window won't stay with the window.... ideas?

Well, I'm a bit new to the game, and ironically, I just bought a 1973 Dart Custom as well (about 2 months ago). From what I recall about this problem in another car I had ('64 Ford Galaxie), I had to remove the door panel and make sure that the lever which hooks under the window glass pane hadn't slipped off or was damaged. That actually was what the problem was with mine.

And I need a lot of help with my '73 Dart Custom. Unfortunately, it's not in as nice shape as your sounds to be. Can we stay in touch? I could use the moral support to keep working on this thing as well as some practical knowledge about how to do so.

James
Sacramento, CA.

Welcome Guys, why not stop by the new members forum & introduce yourselves & put up some pics.

I have a reluctant window crank on the driver's side rear. It rolls up just fine, but takes a little more umphf! I plan on pulling the panel and making a visual inspection & If I have to pulling it all out & reassembling.

Yeah man hit me up anytime. Don't be fooled I mean its a 40 year old econobox... this is not. Super bitchin, but they are simple to fix and cheeeaaaappp!

I've pulled the panel off and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong besides the fact it just pulls out from under the glass

-
Back