[SOLD] Untouched Mopar X block (Reduced)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

runninfromthelaw

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I found a original untouched Mopar X block when I was going through my late fathers stuff. Its been sitting in a cabinet for the past 20yrs. I can get pictures and numbers if needed. I'm located in Alamogordo NM .
Sorry i wasnt sure of the price originally asking $1500 obo

Attachments

• 2012-10-17_09-42-25_561.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,956
  • 2012-10-17_09-42-50_669.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,156
  • 2012-10-17_09-42-08_526.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,982
  • 2012-10-17_09-41-58_47.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,903
  • 2012-10-17_09-50-11_312.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,947
  • 2012-10-18_14-22-06_531.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,752
pictures and number always help went you are trying to sell something over the internet..

some came 4 bolt some didnt it depended on what the race team wanted. Mopar did them straight and some race teams splayed them. Just wanted to know because thats an added cost to 4 bolt em.

my x block in my R/T is 4 bolt main. some came with 4 bolt mains and some 2 bolt mains

A 318 x block? Whats the purpose of this? Can it be bored out to 340 or larger size?

All "X" blocks were cast 318 i believe. Factory says 4.08, but some on various blogs say even bigger. Read that some drag car builds went to 4.12/4.14? I'm not gonna comment more as this is a sale thread.

All "X" blocks were cast 318 i believe. Factory says 4.08, but some on various blogs say even bigger. Read that some drag car builds went to 4.12/4.14? I'm not gonna comment more as this is a sale thread.

I know its a sale thread but i felt it was relative info that could help the sale. I know i wouldnt spend $1500 on what i thought was a 318 block lol but since they can be made that large it has alot more value. And now that the info is there unknowing people like myself might be alot more interested

Hows the condition of those main caps? All there? All the hardware nice and rust free?

I know its a sale thread but i felt it was relative info that could help the sale. I know i wouldnt spend $1500 on what i thought was a 318 block lol but since they can be made that large it has alot more value. And now that the info is there unknowing people like myself might be alot more interested.

Sorry Dustin, your question was entirely valid. Imo, the market for this block is relatively small. I just didn't want to comment any way on value. To the OP,,, if your patient, i believe you'll get your sale. May want to place a add on "E" bodies only also. Can't hurt, and good luck with your sale.

A 318 x block? Whats the purpose of this? Can it be bored out to 340 or larger size?

i have seen x blocks bored out to 4.125''. my bore on my x block is at 4.100''.

with my 4.25'' stroke crank, i'm at 450''.

they are race blocks.

What crankshaft does this use? I knlw its a dumb question since with the new main caps it will need line bored but i gotta ask since i dont know. Lol

my old x block was at 30 over 340 but could have went 100 over from there as the machine shop checked it out and sonic the block.. i sold my old block yrs ago...they are thicker everywhere from the deck down..more meat more power ..they just dont have a hole for a dip stick...:prayer:

I'm going to have to check for that dip stick hole in the one I have here. For what it's worth these blocks are very nice. At the reduced price it is a steal in my opinion. Has anybody priced a race block lately? These are also nice because they will take all the stock LA parts from a factory 318/340 engine and are nearly indestructible.

If your going to build something why not start with a strong foundation?

if you have a x block it should not have a dip stick hole unless someone drilled it....or at lease my block didnt have 1.. but yes as far as the block goes it a great block and nice start that will take what you put to it...i wish i didnt sell my block and w2 heads back in the day but i had a choice try to start working for my self or race.. i have been working for myself for 6 yrs now..lol hell my w2 heads where never out the box sold them as i got them from barton...way nice block worth every penny if you ask me...:prayer:

I know it says untouched, but are those freeze plugs rusted out?? hard to tell in the pics, but looks like it.. What is the bore size right now? Have you measured it?

It looks to be like a paint of some kind on the freeze plug. I have to get my calipers to see the size also ill look for a dip stick hole. I have a thread in the small block forum trying to help Id most of this stuff. I have other blocks,heads,cranks and lots more that I can't figure out

No dipstick hole, close up of the freeze plug, caliper measurement of the bore.

Attachments

• 2012-10-19_16-20-05_612.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 2012-10-19_16-20-15_302.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 2012-10-19_16-21-41_713.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,051
my x block has no dipstick either. it's at the machine shop as we speak, i told him to drill and tap a hole for a dipstick.

to bad we live 2 days apart, i would snap this x block up.

my x block has no dipstick either. it's at the machine shop as we speak, i told him to drill and tap a hole for a dipstick.

to bad we live 2 days apart, i would snap this x block up.

The factory dipstick holes are just drilled and the tube press fits into the block. No tap necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back