Upholstery on Back Seat top, 67 Barracuda

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I was going to re-upholster my seats for a 67 Barracuda today. They are the fold down type. I unhooked the old upholstery from the back top section, but it seems that there are hog-rings holding the interior (inserts) portion of the upholstery to the seat frame/springs.

It would seem I have to remove the back metal panel to access these, but that back panel (where the carpet would be) is not only held by a few screws, but is also spot welded all the way around. In addition, The upholstery that I got from Legendary does not have a sleeve on the listing to insert metal rods at those points that would (theoretically) be hog ringed to the seat frame.

Is there something that I am missing? I'm sure somebody here has replaced the upholstery on these seats.

Also, just to check and make sure I will do this correctly. When doing the front bucket seats, do you just cut through the seat foam to hook the hog rings for the middle insert section?

About the channels on the listing for the rods, they are there. about five inches from the side

-
Back