upper control arm bolts

-

dart gt

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which way the bolts go in and is the lob up or down.It is for a 74 Duster.Any pics would be very helpfull.Thank You

On my 71 and the 72 I've seen the bolt goes in from the inside of the control arm to the outside so the nut would be on the outside. Yours should be the same.

View attachment Untitled.jpg

As far as the cam that is used for your alignment usually from what I've read on here you want to push the front out and pull the back of the arm in. Your car may be different.

Start with the cams down. Then rotate the bolt until the front cam (actually the cam will be in and the bolt head out) is all the way out and the rear all the way in. Then adjust the rear cam outward until you have a slight negative camber. Then adjust toe to about 1/16" in.

Nuts out. Put the cam lobe where it looks best for the tire camber angle. The cams effect caster too so take it strait to a good alignment shop not walmart or belle tire so the camber and caster can be set correctly. You will also want them to set the front ride hight before adjustment.
Mike Z.

Hard to give a # due to how it's measured. basicly hight can be measured so many ways. Should be adjusted on alignment turn plates because the tires bind on pavement. I would set the T bars to what looks good and functions good. Make sure it's level right to left.
Mike Z.

Make it easy on the front end alignment guy; put the bolts out. From the lower ball joint, to the floor, from low of lca pinion to the floor= 1 7/8" diff is factory.
You don't want camber, you want caster.

-
Back