Upper control arms

-

MOUSETRAP

Reaction score
Doing the disc brake swap on my 63 valiant . I have complete spindles from 73 dart my question is ..

Do I buy a set of dart upper control arms for $200 that will need ball joints and I all ready have new set of poly control arm busings to install .

Or do I buy the new aftermarket control arm set with all 4 name unknown ball joints as a set for 280$

My past experience in life is saying buy factory part and put moog joints in ...

Thank you smitty

I have decided to go with RMS tubular upper arms .

If you haven't installed them yet, some pictures of the part and installation would be pretty cool. This is something I'm looking at doing pretty soon.

Doing the disc brake swap on my 63 valiant . I have complete spindles from 73 dart my question is ..

Do I buy a set of dart upper control arms for $200 that will need ball joints and I all ready have new set of poly control arm busings to install .

Or do I buy the new aftermarket control arm set with all 4 name unknown ball joints as a set for 280$

My past experience in life is saying buy factory part and put moog joints in ...

Thank you smitty

It depends.....if you're not in a hurry you can wait for someone to sell their UCAs. I went with the 74 disc brakes (last year) on my 69 Barracuda and had to buy a set of LBJ UCAs. But I have a new set of adjustable UCAs under the Christmas tree. When I swap out the UCAs (in January) I'll sell the large ball joint (Moog ball joints with 800 miles on them) upper control arms because I will have no need for them. My Barracuda's LBJ UCAs also have brand new offset bushing installed. My point is that many FABO members swap out their low mileage LBJ upper control arms all the time in order to use adjustable or tubular arms so there's usually some up for sale in the "For Sale" section.
GOOD LUCK!!

PS - I had already overhauled my original stock 1969 UCAs just 14 months before I went to disc brakes. I sold the '69 UCAs in the wink of an eye because they had already been fitted with new ball joints and bushings. This happens all the time because we're always upgrading our cars...JUST LIKE YOU ARE!!!
Treblig

Attachments

• DSC04122.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC04124.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC04125.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC04128.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC04126.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 185