Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaskan_Dart

Mopars are an addiction
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Need a v8 k member for my '73 Dart/Scamp. I will need it shipped, can be done even through USPS. Not as heavy when completely gutted. Can be sent UPS ground also if need be but not prefered. PM me or leave info. here....I've bought a few items from guys on line here and have had great luck, thanks to those who have helped me to date get my car back on the road!
Thanks Mark

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need the v8 member? Why not just use the motor mounts for the swap?

Are you talking about Schumacher Creations motor mounts? I have thought about it. I have a 6 shooter k member,and if it comes to it, I will use it. Mounts are $150.00 plus shipping is all I realize.
Mark

Alaskan Dart there is a yard down in Soldotna that has some older mopars in it and a couple of A bodies. I don't have a phone number for them but if you can go down there I can tell you how to get to it. Its off of K beach road right at Gaswell rd.

schumacher is one of them. That's what I'm running. I know from previous posts there are other companies making them. I can't remember the names.

Thanks for the info. from Summit Racing. Shipping from Seattle area is less than $55.00 3 to 5 day shipping. I have everything calculated accordingly. Now if I could only find someone willing to ship, getting the cry baby don't wanna shipping something of that size to me, give me a break I say. So, I may just use the 6 shooter k member nowusing the conversion mount kit
Thanks everyone for they're info.
Mark

Forgot to mention, a knucklehead who lives near me says he has a v8 big block k member from a factory duster, 1973 that he'll sell me for $135.00. I said a factory what? Yeah, I laughed that guy off my list.........
Mark

Isnt the K-Frame the same in 73 for Big and Small Block? I think they both use the same spool-mount attachment points.

I'm 99% sure yes, but my point about a '73 Duster factory big block car, not! I tried to tell the guy, mopar never made a big block Duster, he disagreed, whatever I pretty much said. And I passed on it. Should I have bought it, maybe, but I'll use what I have before spending any cash on a *rare* item as what he has. Simple case of me being sarcasstic towards someone who knew way to much, if you get my drift, ha-ha.......
Mark

Aaron, a friend of mine has a 426 Hemi in his Duster, same year and color as yours in Oklahoma. Not sure if he's a member here or not. Pretty badass car though, thats for damn sure.
Mark

I thought the '73 up spool mount k-members had the same attaching point also but here on this site I was informed that that this only partly true. The '73 up spool mounts have the same width for the small and big block, but the location of the mount from the firewall is not the same.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back