vacuum pod repair

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
got a leaky vacuum pod? Repair it! I fixed the one on my Mazda's distributor that was leaking. mark halves with a pen and Grind off the crimp ring and the pot will pop in half. Examine the diaphragm for leak. Coat entire thing with silicone opposite the spring. and set into cleaned bottom half. Set a can on it to press it down and let it set up overnight. Clean top shell and put another thin coat of silicone on the rim and set it onto spring and diaphragm, clamp in vise or welding vice grips and let set overnight. Use mighty vac while in vise after its set up to confirm there are no more leaks. If it doesnt hold, use the pressure port on the mighty vac on the pot in a cup of vater to find leak and reseal. once its holding, use machine screws and nuts to clamp edges together (not through them, just on the edges) apply a bead of JB weld along the edge and let it set up, paint gold and itll be good as new!

got a leaky vacuum pod? Repair it! I fixed the one on my Mazda's distributor that was leaking. mark halves with a pen and Grind off the crimp ring and the pot will pop in half. Examine the diaphragm for leak. Coat entire thing with silicone opposite the spring. and set into cleaned bottom half. Set a can on it to press it down and let it set up overnight. Clean top shell and put another thin coat of silicone on the rim and set it onto spring and diaphragm, clamp in vise or welding vice grips and let set overnight. Use mighty vac while in vise after its set up to confirm there are no more leaks. If it doesnt hold, use the pressure port on the mighty vac on the pot in a cup of vater to find leak and reseal. once its holding, use machine screws and nuts to clamp edges together (not through them, just on the edges) apply a bead of JB weld along the edge and let it set up, paint gold and itll be good as new!

Also works for diving regulators. JK :D

-
Back