Valley pan gasket question

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
i have a 383 with eddy heads and mopar m1 intake. what do you guys recommend for valley pan sealing? do you guys just use the sheet metal valley pan gasket with silicone on the front and rear rails?

Yep....that's what I have done. Even pulled it apart once and re-used it with no problems.

You could put a little RTV blue or clear around the ports and at the ends. Another good sealer for around the ports is Gaskecinch marketed through Edelbrock and sold at Mancini - I use that **** on everything as the old lady in the Frank's hot sauce commercial says....

ever seen that mr. gasket spray ****? sprays on for additional sealing. looks like it might just be a silicone spray.

so you guys are saying i can just use the sheet metal valley pan with no paper gaskets and silicone the ends and thats all that is needed?

They sell paper thin gaskets that are supposed to be used with the stamped bathtub gaskets after they are compressed. Never tried them but that is what someone told me they were for, Use discretion.

Sheet metal valley pan gasket in between 2 paper gaskets on each side
when using aluminum heads / intake .....

They sell paper thin gaskets that are supposed to be used with the stamped bathtub gaskets after they are compressed. Never tried them but that is what someone told me they were for, Use discretion.

I couldn't get all the intake bolts in when I used those gaskets. Ended up just using the stamped bathtub one with a little RTV along the front and rear edges, nothing on the head sides.

so you guys are saying i can just use the sheet metal valley pan with no paper gaskets and silicone the ends and thats all that is needed?

Yep! That's what I have now...Eddy heads with rpm intake. Intake has been off twice...never replaced gasket...zero issues:burnout:

-
Back