Valve Spring Recommendation

-

Plymouth 65

I'll be in the shop
Reaction score
Currently installing Mopar Performance Purple Shaft P4452757AE in my 273.
Lift Intake: 0.410 Exhaust: 0.425
Adv Dur: 248/256
Dur @ 0.050: 211/218
Edelbrock RPM Perf Heads
I am having difficulty finding the correct valve springs. Any recommendations? Thx, 65

Last edited:
why do you want to change the springs?

the eddies come equipped with units that are good to .575 lift

p.s. where did you find that cam? i looked *everywhere* for one of them!

Just wanted to make sure the springs on the Edelbrock heads don't have too much spring rate for the cam. BTW I bought that cam years ago, finally have a build for it. 65

Will the the cheaper 901 springs. Comp or similar from trick flow etc.

That cam needs little in the way of spring pressure. Stock 340springs, etc. The ede springs are only a 310 rate. Not crazy. Have to figure out installed height pressure, but it can't be that bad for the cam.

Last edited:
they shouldn't (famous last words). per their specs they're set up for hydro cams up to that lift, so i'd assume you're in the clear. and they're single spring.

color me jealous, that's one of my favorite cams for 318's

ETA: the 60779 has single springs and is for flat tappet. 60775 is for roller cam and equipped with dual springs. just fyi

Last edited:
Good point on which part number for the head. The flat tappet shouldn't be a big deal.

Yes, the Edelbrock heads are set up for a hydralic flat tappet camshaft. They are single spring w/damper. I'm looking forward to getting the top end on it and firing it up. 65

Good point on which part number for the head. The flat tappet shouldn't be a big deal.
it was a small detail that escaped me once before on a build, thankfully with no catastrophic consequences but i figured it was important to mention from a just in case position.

but agree, i'd check 'em out and ship it with those on.

There 60779's, I should be good with what I have. Thanks for the input gentlemen. 65

If it's just killin you to swap um out, put the stock 340 valve springs on. Hell, even a stock 318 spring would work on that.

-
Back