vapor lock

-

packerman16

Reaction score
what is the best soultion 4 vapor lock
out on the highway. and best fix when u get home.

I have never had the issue, but know plenty of people that have had the problem. It is my understanding that you usually have a fuel line too close to a heat source, like a heater hose or head etc.

Making sure you have enough clearance, air gap for the fuel line would be my first step. Then of course, you can always insulate the line, or even go to an electric fuel pump.

Back in the 60s, while working for a Vickers station, I used to see a lot of people with wooden clothes pins on the fuel line. They said it fixed their vapor lock, but I don't understand how.

Back in the 60s, while working for a Vickers station, I used to see a lot of people with wooden clothes pins on the fuel line. They said it fixed their vapor lock, but I don't understand how.

They were probably using the clothes pin in place of a metal bracket or clamp that was transferring heat directly to the fuel line and causing vapor lock. A wooden clothes pin would act as an "insulator" and not allow the heat to travel thru it to the fuel line.

yeah. stroker reads all these posts, i want to know what to do for vapor lock besides sit along sides the road. Thank you anyways, if they don't respond, oh well.
move your fuel line before you get stranded is the only true fix.But if you do end up stalled you can pour your ice from a drink on it if you have one but as far as quick fix you just have to cool the line down any way possible so fix it first and no worries.

-
Back