.. variation on crackedback's fuel line idea ..

-

mopar66

Reaction score
I am running braided fuel line for my fuel cell installation and wanted to pass the line through my crossmember to
make sure I kept the line tucked up close to the floor .. I saw crackedback’s approach and liked it – but wanted to
come up with a non-welded approach .. this is my result ..
I wasn’t eager to drill holes in my crossmember, and fortunately I only needed one line (no return line necessary for
my application) … if you are working on an early-A there is a nice set of holes already through the crossmember
above the torsion bar; and what makes it even nicer is that the holes have an extruded lip which makes for a good
non-digging bearing surface .. I measured the holes to be .532’ dia. > perfect size to allow for a stainless steel
adapter to be made @ .530’ dia./ with a .750" dia head .. (see pics below) …
The head can be tapped ¼" NPT; while the body of the adapter can be OD threaded @ ¼" NPT … You are able to
drill thru at 11/32" dia. (which is still bigger than –6AN fitting actual ID’s), and maintain a wall stock of .07" in the
thinnest area (OD threaded section) .. mostly @ .09" or more …
The length I made the adapter allows for the appropriate –6AN fittings to be outside of the torsion bar hardware area
to allow for easy access to fittings for assembly … I then made a couple of silicone washers to cushion fastening,
and used a shaft locking collar (which I bored to .530"dia.) to retain the adapter tightly in place to the crossmember …

Haven’t had it on the road yet, but I liked the way it came out .. I hope the attached pics make things clear …
it’s just another idea to show .. maybe good / maybe bad > but it seemed to work for me and for my size fuel line
(-6AN) and application ..

Attachments

• fl4b.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 266
  • fl1b.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 246
  • fl2b.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 275
-
Back