Vintage Motor's data/info

-

Killer6

Reaction score
Some snapshots from the 1962 Motor's repair manual in My library....
43320842991861985.jpeg
4189430830012285.jpeg
6461228900889965.jpeg

I don't understand the question. Those are some fuzzy *** photos

I don't understand the question. Those are some fuzzy *** photos
No question, but I found the fact that they listed the Hyperpak 170 for 2 years & the 225 for 1, even tho' the 225 was a DIY/Dealer-install only deal. The installed ht of the valve springs is also listed shorter on the 4bbl, ??, first I've heard that one. Yeah, the lens on this phone ain't the best, & any farther away would make it too tiny. It's plenty readable when I zoom it in the gallery, 'til I get a new PC & am able to scan again, that's what I got. Also found the Al-U-minimum block O/S lifter specs interesting....

Back in those days, the "Motor" manuals were pretty good. However they were not without errors. Did you notice the CR for the first listed 170 is shown as 8.5, but all the other 1bbl engine are 8.2. However the factory published specs for everything that would affect CR never changed.

There are also multiple minute published variations of the 1st gen camshaft, in a couple of manuals. Some errors can be deduced by the math, conflicts in the same publication, & comparison to others. As far as the installed ht listed as shorter for the Hyperpak, different retainers is only guess....or more erroneous data....

-
Back