Not open for further replies.

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
As some of my prior customers know, I love to include a PSC vinyl decal in the box when I return parts just as a little freebie swag thing. I also have commitments to display my shop decals on a television program and at upcoming events, one of which is SEMA in November.

In the past I've traded out powder coating work with another FABO member in exchange for preparation of my shop's vinyl decals. They were available in three styles and in a few different colors (including carbon fiber), I assume depending on what materials the guy had in stock at the time. I have always been very happy with the quality and designs. Here's Memike's ...

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/3805623.jpg?308

View attachment PSC windshield decal - Tim E's Challenger.jpg

Like me, my decal guy owns a business and, also like me, he's extremely busy keeping up with it. Since it's always been a trade for services, I don't feel that I'm in a position to make any demands on him in terms of how many decals I receive (or how often he provide me with them) ... but the fact exists that I've been out of vinyl swag decals for well over a year.

I am also about finished with a new mailbox for the shop and want to customize it more than the old one was. Poor thing's been knocked into the ditch by farm equipment so many times it's not much of a billboard anymore -- the powder's endured the beatings but the huge dents are just embarrassing LOL! (and this pic is about 3 years old)

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/860582.jpg?442

So with an immediate need for special ones on my own mail box and future swag for my customers, I am now seeking Trade proposals. FABO members who enjoy designing / making consistent, professional vinyl decals, usually have several colors of vinyl to choose from on hand (or readily available), and have some need for powder coating work either immediately or in the future, I'd love to hear from you!

I know I can pay somebody to make these things -- and even get it done locally -- but I love trades! I'd rather exchange labors of love than money, and I'm willing to bet there's at least one somebody out there who's just as passionate about designing decals as I am about powder coating ... I just have to find 'em. :prayer:

I have no idea about the costs associated with making decals just as I'm pretty sure anyone thinking of replying to this has no firm idea about costs associated with powder coating. Just like a "real job," my part of the trade would be valued at $25 per hour less any labor discount you would otherwise receive as a FABO member (5%, or 10% off for Gold members) if that helps you in determining how many decals you can offer.

I'd like them to be similar to the ones shown above but of course will consider any and all ideas. Personally I like the .com versus the version with the phone number but that's not crucial ... and I'm just going to be a woman and say size doesn't matter either. :-D (I know most people prefer them to be smaller rather than the full windshield style like on Tim's Challenger up there.)

For the new mail box, I'd need just two of these in a silver color with a maximum length of 14" and a maximum width of 6 1/2". Easy reading from 20 feet is more important to me than a fancy font:

Phoenix Specialty Coatings
By Appointment Only
731.613.9192​

Even if you aren't inclined to enter into a little informal agreement for the swag decals extending into the future (i.e., until it no longer suits either of us) but can do the ones for the mailbox, that's fine too. My PM inbox is usually pretty full but you can send offers / ideas / pics of what you want coated to my email at

PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings@yahoo.com

I'm just tossing it out there to see what might be available from the vast fishing waters of FABO ........ :-D

Thanks for reading this! I look forward to the replies.

GOOD LUCK in your search...You are the best Powder coater out there.none of the coaters here will even attempt 2 color let alone 6 color..simply awesome!!!

I'm just going to be a woman and say size doesn't matter either. :-D (I know most people prefer them to be smaller.)

That's what she said.... Gigity, gigity.... :shock: :cheers:

Too bad I don't do vinyl, I would love to exchange services with you! :hello2:

Have you asked 2darts, he sent me some stickers and a banner a while back and they were very nice. (Thanks again 2darts) :hello2:

That's what she said.... Gigity, gigity.... :shock: :cheers:

Too bad I don't do vinyl, I would love to exchange services with you! :hello2:

Have you asked 2darts, he sent me some stickers and a banner a while back and they were very nice. (Thanks again 2darts) :hello2:
I would have to say 2darts . Hes good try him ! And hes one hell of a guy too .

racerkilla Ronny has some great ideas and already seems to be taking very good care of my mailbox decals. :-D

I've seen 2darts' talents myself and he does do incredible work -- but he's also very busy with his own shop. The customer swag .com decals will be an ongoing thing as the need arises. A good stack lasts awhile.

I appreciate all the suggestions here guys but please understand I'm not going to solicit essentially free decals from anybody in particular. If they read this thread and decide to contact me about my request, I couldn't hope for anything better.

bump fer ya Leanna, I have met Mike(2darts) several times, he as an absolute great guy/friend and does great quality work....bumpity bumpity. Thanks for all your help Mike!

The mailbox decals are underway right now -- thanks Racerkilla!!! :-D -- but I still need to hook up a trade deal with somebody for future customer swag decals.

I've had a couple people contact me about doing the customer swag decals but nothing is finalized yet.

Makes me think of a Pink Floyd song ...

Is there anybody [out] there??? :-D

RacerKilla Ronny's packet of decals for the new PSC mailbox arrived in the mail. Holy cow did he ever do a nice job!!! Check this out ... he did two of each size:

View attachment 001 - Copy.jpg

... and look what ELSE was in the envelope!!! They're so cool! What a wonderful surprise!! :-D The pic really doesn't do them justice -- VERY flashy (just like their owner lol)

View attachment 002 - Copy.jpg

I have no idea where I'm gonna stick 'em yet but I'll figure out something. Very cool Ronny! Thank you again for going above and beyond the call. :-D I'll get some pics of the mail box up when I get it finished.

Just a suggestion on the mailbox flag issue. How about putting a tab on top so it's mounted on top instead of the side. Won't interfere with the graphics.

We can see that pop rivit job much better in that last pic!!!....

Watching with interest, I need some decals done also!! Geof

We can see that pop rivit job much better in that last pic!!!....

Watching with interest, I need some decals done also!! Geof

LOL Geof! Hey, it was just a mock up to give RacerKilla the right dimensions. :-D It's going to have nice new stainless hardware when I put it together in final.

Woo hoooooo!!!!!! RacerKilla's decals look great!

View attachment 001 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 009 - Copy.jpg

This one's not a decal, it's powder.

View attachment 004 - Copy.jpg

Amazing results Ronny! Thanks again.

So Part I of my Decal Mission is now complete. :-D But I still need to hook up with somebody to do some PSC.com decals though ... had a couple PMs and emails but so far nothing is set in stone. Even if I have to have a few part-time arrangements with different people, that'll work too -- if you have ideas don't be shy.

Since it seems my decal supplier request hasn't resulted in any solid leads, I'm coming up with a new customer swag thing. Stay tuned ... you are all gonna love it -- and LAUGH. :-D

Another bump ... I'm still wanting to get some shop decals done on a trade for powder coating work if I can. Alternatively, if anyone is interested in doing them for a price, then I'd like to hear from you too. Please email me at PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings@yahoo.com. Thanks for reading this!! :-D

Oh, I forgot to show off Ronny's decals again now that the new mailbox is in place. They really look great!!

View attachment 003 - Copy.jpg

LOL. It wouldn't surprise me if it really held up.

Sounds like your taking your "original" decal guy out of the loop.
Why not work out a deal with him ?
I'm sure he's trying to keep the doors open,just like you.

Sounds like your taking your "original" decal guy out of the loop.
Why not work out a deal with him ?
I'm sure he's trying to keep the doors open,just like you.

Johnny, I'm not "trying" to do anything except provide some decals to my customers like they want. We have exchanged emails and he promised to get back with me ... but frankly it's been over a year since I had any to give out and I'm pretty much tired of waiting. (He IS a FABO member after all so it's pretty likely he's seen this thread in the 3 months it's been on here and he hasn't contacted me since.)

You have your post on here twice by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back