Vinyl Top Installer Western PA

-

domdart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a vinyl top installer. I live in Johnstown. Can anyone recommend one near me? Somerset, Bedford, Altoona, Pittsburgh, or even Carlisle would work. I just tore off the one I did myself. It started bubbling in the heat at Carlisle a few years ago and has gotten much worse. I think I will go with a pro this time. Thanks FABO.

I used some 3M contact that we had at work. It wasn't the super yellow stuff but I saw it recommended at a few places. The roof was primed and had some overspray on it from the whole body paint job. I scuffed it with 220 then glued the vinyl on. The vinyl came from Dante's. I don't think I stretched it enough and it wasn't hot enough in my garage.

3M contact cement can soften and come loose in the heat.

I will not use it for anything anymore........

That is all I use is 3M but I dont have a can right now to tell what number is on the can. I always paint the roof just so it is covered and then scuff it then clean good and then i warm the roof up. I have a roller I use my wife got from pampered chef 1485 and all I use is 3M I always get a new can because I dont put them on very often anymore. All I use is 3M because I have had trouble with other glue.

7DEA03E0-8D40-42F9-8662-CABD96A3749D.jpeg

I let somebody talk me into installing the vinyl top on a Challenger several years ago, and they used that junk 3M trim adhesive. It wrinkled up the first time it got set out in the sun! :mad: I took it to the guy I was gonna let do it to start with, and his first words were "Yep, somebody used 3M spray bomb glue." He salvaged it someway, and it looked good afterwards, He uses a spray gun, and DAP landau top glue.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IH3HAQ/?tag=fabo03-20

-
Back