Wanted: '73 (?) Bench seat

-

frogpirate

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need a bench seat for my '73 dart. Anything that has a decent frame and springs, as my car's PO must have been, uhh, let's just say LARGE. Color is unimportant (ok, Parchment would be nice) but it needs to be inexpensive and located within a couple hundred miles of Vancouver, WA.

Thanks, Ken

I tore my seat apart today, and yep, 4 busted springs. I'd settle for something I can harvest springs from! Or just springs (one long and 4 of the side springs).

Thx, Ken

why not just respring the original seat now that it is torn apart? for what you may end up with you could respring your seat and then get it recovered. you might end up with a seat in just as bad of shape that has weak springs that are unbroken......

why not just respring the original seat now that it is torn apart? for what you may end up with you could respring your seat and then get it recovered. you might end up with a seat in just as bad of shape that has weak springs that are unbroken......

Well, I'm going to head up to the local auto upholstery shop this morning with the seat to get an estimate. If that's too expensive, I was hoping to find a donor seat I could harvest springs from and rebuild this myself for now just so I can drive the car, since I'm still not sure if I want to stick with the bench or go to buckets later.

Ken

-
Back