Wanted 8 3/4 axle shafts for A body with large bold pattern

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't find them used, they go for about $200/set. Do a search here, there was a discussion about this not too long ago.

I’m interested in this too. Mind if I ask a some questions?
You know Chrysler never made these, so you are looking for some second hand aftermarket ones, right?
I’ve seen them new for 200 dollars but they say they are for the non-adjustable “green bearings”.
The ones that Moser sells for tapered bearings are 300 now, aren’t they?
Anyone know of new ones for tapered bearings for 200?

I've always just used the green bearings myself. Don't think you can get the tapered bearing axles for the $189 that you can find the green bearing axles for.

Yukon makes replacement a-body width axles that are in large bolt pattern but they are only for green bearings. When I contacted Yukon about why tapered bearings couldn't be used they responded that their axles are a little shorter than the stock a-body axles so they are not long enough to make contact with the carrier to adjust the end play. If you narrowed a housing the same amount as the Yukon axles are narrower then you could theoretically use the tapered bearings. Seems like a lot of work though just to run tapered bearings unless you didn't have a housing and had to narrow one anyway. In 90% of the applications a "green" style bearing will be just fine.

Chuck

I just posted in an older thread that I found interesting because it had a link to an E-bay auction with really cheap axles. Check it out.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back