Wanted: Pix of a restored "65" Valiant "Slant 6" engine bay

-

VIOLENT\6

12 second N/A Slant 6?
Reaction score
Anyone have some pix of "65" or similar Valiant "Slant 6" engine bay that is restored to original condition?

This thing is snow balling. :toothy7:

We are sending some gauges out for repair & recalibration so we have time to spruce up the engine bay a bit. :thumbup:

Would you settle for a 38K original? That I can send you. Near as I can tell, the only thing that has been changed is the radiator hoses, battery and hold down, and I added a repop electronic regulator. Everything else is straight out of 1966.

grumpuscreature said:
Would you settle for a 38K original? That I can send you. Near as I can tell, the only thing that has been changed is the radiator hoses, battery and hold down, and I added a repop electronic regulator. Everything else is straight out of 1966.

That would do.

Why not just post them here.

Mine is 37K original miles, but the carb/aircleaner have been changed.

I am particularly interested in the vacume/PVC hose routing.

If you have pix on your computer, you can upload & then post them here.

http://photobucket.com/

Pics posted on photobucket, search slantedview. The PCV hose routing is correct. Tried to reroute it behind the carb and it jams the throttle linkage to the point you only have about half throttle. :cussing: :cussing: mechanical linkage. Will pull the air cleaner tomorrow and post to same place. Hope this helps.

66Valiant014.jpg

66Valiant013.jpg

grumpuscreature said:
Pics posted on photobucket, search slantedview. The PCV hose routing is correct. Tried to reroute it behind the carb and it jams the throttle linkage to the point you only have about half throttle. :cussing: :cussing: mechanical linkage. Will pull the air cleaner tomorrow and post to same place. Hope this helps.

Tried the search of slantedview & got nothing.

Under your pix there are 3 link boxes. Click on the IMG code next to the 3rd box & it will copy the link. Just post on here, left click & paste. The image will show here just like this.

MikePA070050.jpg

AdamR said:

OK I see someone posted it for ya. That's about the general condition of my son's "65" engine bay. Right down to the rust around the master cylinder & the tarp strap battery tie down.

Yep, that's what I needed!

Thanks! :wav:

Never said it was purty, just closer to original than 41 years ought to be. Used to work in a restoration shop and I know how hard it is to find original in any shape. Glad I could help.

grumpuscreature said:
Never said it was purty, just closer to original than 41 years ought to be. Used to work in a restoration shop and I know how hard it is to find original in any shape. Glad I could help.

Well, I for one think it's "purty". I'm thrilled that the one I bought is in about the same shape. I would rather get the girl "warts & all" rather than have surpises waiting under the make up.

-
Back